• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express has started its referral program - bonus points and discounted joining fees offer

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hey members,
Amex India just started its much awaited referral program, MGM (members get members).
Use referral link to apply for an AMEX credit card and receive 2000 bonus MR points.
Amex MRCC- 2000 bonus MR points after spending Rs. 5,000 within 90 days.
First Year Fees- Nil
Referral Link: https://bit.ly/TFAMEXGC (Select your preferred card you want to apply, and then apply for that card. you'll get all the referral benefits.)

Gold Charge - 2000 bonus MR points after spending Rs. 5,000 within 90 days.
First Year Fees- Rs. 1000 +GST
Referral Link: https://bit.ly/TFAMEXGC (Select your preferred card you want to apply, and then apply for that card. you'll get all the referral benefits.)

Platinum Travel - 2000 bonus MR points after spending Rs. 5,000 within 90 days.
First Year Fees- Nil

AMEX SmartEarn- 2000 bonus MR points after spending Rs. 5,000 within 90 days and Rs. 500 cashback as a Welcome Gift when you spend additional Rs. 5000 within 90 days.
First Year Fees- Original Fees

Amex Platinum Charge Card- 10,000 bonus MR Points after spending Rs. 5000 within 90 days.
First Year Fees-Original Fees

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122_223909.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122_223909.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 3,448
Last edited:

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
applying with the referral link reduces your annual fee from 4500 to 1500 second year onwards which is also waived off if you spend 1.5l in the year... i hope this answers your doubt
Is fee waived off for a wallet spend too?

applying with the referral link reduces your annual fee from 4500 to 1500 second year onwards which is also waived off if you spend 1.5l in the year... i hope this answers your doubt
is there similar annual fee waiver for platinum travel card when using the referral link?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
is there similar annual fee waiver for platinum travel card when using the referral link?
better to apply platinum travel normally without referal.. for paying 3500+gst you will get 10000 MR points which can be converted into 10000 mariott bonvoy points.. and second yr fees is 5000+gst for both referal and non referal..

for mrcc and gold beneficial to use referal route..

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
better to apply platinum travel normally without referal.. for paying 3500+gst you will get 10000 MR points which can be converted into 10000 mariott bonvoy points.. and second yr fees is 5000+gst for both referal and non referal..

for mrcc and gold beneficial to use referal route..
I got 8000 + 2000 MR points without paying 3500 + GST, self-referral, also within the first 3 days I achieved a spending milestone of 1.9 lacs benefits. will hit the next milestone soon and I may close this card before the next renewal.

Attachments

• 23277.jpg
    23277.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 30

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got 8000 + 2000 MR points without paying 3500 + GST, self-referral, also within the first 3 days I achieved a spending milestone of 1.9 lacs benefits. will hit the next milestone soon and I may close this card before the next renewal.
Superb. But remember it is not allowed as per Amex TnC and they might forfeit it.

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Superb. But remember it is not allowed as per Amex TnC and they might forfeit it.
I know, but who cares, I am using AMEX since 2014 and in these 8 years, I had closed my AMEX cards many times and issued them again, getting an AMEX card is easy than any other bank card. I also have a personal RM of AMEX who always take care of many of my problems related to AMEX.

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know, but who cares, I am using AMEX since 2014 and in these 8 years, I had closed my AMEX cards many times and issued them again, getting an AMEX card is easy than any other bank card. I also have a personal RM of AMEX who always take care of many of my problems related to AMEX.
What is the cooling period for applying the same card again?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What do u mean by self referal? You had plat travel and you took another plat travel using your own referal link?

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What do u mean by self referal? You had plat travel and you took another plat travel using your own referal link?
Not like that, he have mrcc/gold and applied from that card referral link.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But i was under impression on can only refer for the card he holds. So one has mrcc how can he refer plat travel?
yes you can, if the referee clicks on "View All Cards" button they can apply to any of the other cards as well

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But i was under impression on can only refer for the card he holds. So one has mrcc how can he refer plat travel?
only plat charge card holder can refer for plat charge, other wise apply for any card from any amex referral link.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not like that, he have mrcc/gold and applied from that card referral link.
The T&Cs explicitly prohibit this. There is a high chance of the MR points reversal once they look at applications with a finer comb, maybe later next year. Definitely not worth the risk as potentially the rightfully available points also may be forfeited.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yes you can, if the referee clicks on "View All Cards" button they can apply to any of the other cards as well
ok, i wasn’t aware of that. Surprised amex is unable to plug this simple loophole when they say self referral not allowed