• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon pay card deducted my cashback for insurance payment which I did earlier

ramandeep

TF Premier
I paid for insurance payment by amazon card on amazon and got 2% cashback. But this month I didn't got cashback for my spends, so i called customer care and she told your cashback is in minus, as we deducted the cashback for insurance. What is wrong with every bank ..earlier sbi cashback card did this and now icici amazon pay doing this.

ramandeep

TF Premier
I already shared similar experience and tried to see if this community can share/discuss on the topic I posted but looks like here in this forum APay users are less.
But the problem is insurance 2% cashback was there and how can they suddenly change their mind and do cashback in minus and deduct insurance cashback which i got 2 months ago. They are behaving like SBI. Sbi is doing the same thing now a days.

panu24

TF Ace
In my case I too got the same answer that I got extra cashback on insurance bill payment but in reality I paid from AmazonPay balance by purchasing Amazon gift cards using SBI Cashback. But I did managed to calculate previous months extra cashback they credited me. They are now recovering it from me.

Check if you got any extra cash in last few months. Don't go by customer care responses. They are dumb people. They just know that extra cashback has been given and they want it back now.

ramandeep

TF Premier
In my case I too got the same answer that I got extra cashback on insurance bill payment but in reality I paid from AmazonPay balance by purchasing Amazon gift cards using SBI Cashback. But I did managed to calculate previous months extra cashback they credited me. They are now recovering it from me.

Check if you got any extra cash in last few months. Don't go by customer care responses. They are dumb people. They just know that extra cashback has been given and they want it back now.
they just mentioned me that we have removed insurance from cashback category and we have deducted the amount, which we provided you earlier as insurance payment cashback

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Just confirmed with CC APAY card giving 2% cashback for all insurance spends..and even in the app it clearly says they have unlimited 2% cashback
Try calling 1800 102 0123

panu24

TF Ace
Remember AmazonPay CC have their own email and phone support which is different than ICICI's own email and phone support.

Code:
you may write to us on help.amazonpaycc@icicibank.com or call us at 1800 102 0123

prc1990

TF Legend
to me they mentioned the insurance category they have removed and that's why my cashback is in negative
To my understanding, if they have excluded the insurance category recently they can't reverse the cashback what was issued prior to this effective date (the date when insurance payment wouldn't attract any cashback from) but if any cashback was credited post this date in error then they have the rights to roll it back. So knowing the effective date of this recent change is very much important I believe.

ramandeep

TF Premier
Looks like there's a different team from ICICI one for amazon card and one for other cards,, earlier i called at 1800 1080 and agent told that insurance cashback is not available and now I called at 1800 102 0123(primary number for amazon card), agent now mentioned that its a mistake they took insurance payment as extra cashback and deducted the same, now the agent has register a complaint and said will be resolved in a 7 working days and also waiting for the reply from a email.

ramandeep

TF Premier
To my understanding, if they have excluded the insurance category recently they can't reverse the cashback what was issued prior to this effective date (the date when insurance payment wouldn't attract any cashback from) but if any cashback was credited post this date in error then they have the rights to roll it back. So knowing the effective date of this recent change is very much important I believe.
they just made my cashback rewards in negative and won't be receiving cashback till it gets into positive

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Insurance is not removed from cashback category. For those who are facing issues, kindly check last statement. I think they got more cashback than the eligible one. I also bought phone from amazon last month at 14k(only one transaction in statement cycle), Got 1400 INR as amazon pay rewards instead of 750 INR due to some error. This month my credits are negative as they recovered excess amount given during last statement cycle.

panu24

TF Ace
Looks like there's a different team from ICICI one for amazon card and one for other cards,, earlier i called at 1800 1080 and agent told that insurance cashback is not available and now I called at 1800 102 0123(primary number for amazon card), agent now mentioned that its a mistake they took insurance payment as extra cashback and deducted the same, now the agent has register a complaint and said will be resolved in a 7 working days and also waiting for the reply from a email.
Good to know here that for APay CC, we only need to use their own phone number.
The phone support I know they always take complaint and nothing happens.
That is why this time I emailed them and got same reply that they paid me extra for insurance payment. But my last insurance payment using APay CC was in Sep'22.
@ramandeep if your cashback really been mis-calculated by them then they will correct it but if you already got extra cashback in previous months they have recovered it from you already on the name of "extra cashback paid for insurance payment".