• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon pay card deducted my cashback for insurance payment which I did earlier

ramandeep

TF Premier
I paid for insurance payment by amazon card on amazon and got 2% cashback. But this month I didn't got cashback for my spends, so i called customer care and she told your cashback is in minus, as we deducted the cashback for insurance. What is wrong with every bank ..earlier sbi cashback card did this and now icici amazon pay doing this.

ramandeep

TF Premier
Finally after 14 days of fight, icici recognized their mistake and today acknowledge me that they rewarded back insurance payment cashback to me and will be reflected in my next billing cycle.

Earlier they were just giving bulshit n same reply again n again.

But 3 days earlier i told them in email that i am taking this issue to RBI, if it would not be resolved asap and bammm.. next day got a reply from they will resolve issue in 2 days and other day got confirmation of cashback reserval to my credit account.

Last edited:

paresh22

TF Ace
Does apay card provide cashback on insurance payment
2% on Amazon and 1% on other websites
Yes
If yes then where I can complaint regarding it
As coustomer.care@icicibank.com
Is not giving proper reply
Thank you
Are you sure you also have wrongly deducted for insurance payment transaction on Amazon?
I hope you have not received any extra cashback in last 3-4 months.
If you are sure that Amazon wrongly deducted then ask them one more time in email, if still they reply they have done correct calculation then you can also tell them you will report this issue to RBI.

paresh22

TF Ace

PANK

TF Premier
I can complaint against ICICI for this action to RBI or not

Does apay stopped insurance premium payment Cashback if yes then from which date

Attachments

• IMG-20230211-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20230211-WA0013.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 23

paresh22

TF Ace
Using ICICI Amazon Pay credit card to pay insurance on Amazon gives 2% cashback. It is not stopped.

You can complain to RBI but I think you need to wait for 30 days since you complained to ICICI first.

You have to check/show here that insurance transaction you did on Amazon.
You can open Amazon app, click on Amazon Pay then at top find 3rd tab which have "Manage your card", click on it then you will find "Recent Transactions" where you can check your insurance transaction and percentage of cashback reward.

PANK

TF Premier
Using ICICI Amazon Pay credit card to pay insurance on Amazon gives 2% cashback. It is not stopped.

You can complain to RBI but I think you need to wait for 30 days since you complained to ICICI first.

You have to check/show here that insurance transaction you did on Amazon.
You can open Amazon app, click on Amazon Pay then at top find 3rd tab which have "Manage your card", click on it then you will find "Recent Transactions" where you can check your insurance transaction and percentage of cashback reward.
As you can see in image they given me 2% cashback for insurance premium payment which i did in September

paresh22

TF Ace
As you can see in image they given me 2% cashback for insurance premium payment which i did in September

I am confused about your image. I also got negative cashback reported but I don't see that in Amazon app. I can only see it in statement.
Also in your image the information is not same that I see in my amazon app. E.g. for any transaction the entry looks like this
Date Cashback percentage Amount

ramandeep

TF Premier
I mailed them regarding negative cashback
Coustmer care send me this
I can see that you did 20k payment for insurance and got 408 cashback which is fine as you got only 2%... so your case is genuine like mine but some of the users got 4% for which they did clawback for evey person.. you have to fight with them on email a lot.. it took 14 days for me to acknowledge their mistake and give me back insurance cashback.