• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon- Laptop Damage SCAM

techt

TF Legend
It's obvious, Health+ Partnered Doctor bro. Hope you were joking.😂
Another day another post. If I miss GIF ppl are getting confused. Yes indeed I was joking.
Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

Trust Me

TF Ace
Acquired or tied up with FK?
Do you receive same discount through offline and online & what's it?

Acquired, and name changed to Flipkart Health+ now. Unfortunately discount threshold and slabs have changed for the worse! For my kind of purchases, I usually get ~15%. For bigger amounts, one can get higher discounts.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Does FK demand prescription for medicines ?

Hehe. My advantage of going via an offline store works here too! :) Since I place the orders by calling up the offline store, they behave just like other offline pharmacies, and don't insist on prescriptions!

Trust Me

TF Ace
Earlier how much was provided?

Bigger amount, can you quantity, like 2k+ or 3k, or likewise?

It kept on changing: 18%, 17%, 16%, and 15% now.

Flipkart discounts also keep on changing depending on the amount. One has to check at the time of ordering.

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Update: After few days of struggling with amazon, I gave up as no one was coming to pick the laptop, they just kept rescheduling it.
I directly contacted HP India customer care, explained them the issue. So they have this policy where in they replace a laptop if it faces any major issue within 14 days from Invoice date. (shouldn’t be due to physical damage).
Just after 2 hours one engineer visited my home, he checked if it is due to physical damage or not as in my case the laptop was having some display issue which was internal and not physical.
So HP DOA team issued a DOA letter (Deficient on Arrival) just after the inspection which says that “this brand new product is being declared as DOA and HP will help you with the Replacement process”
(It’s a very detailed letter but I have concluded it above).
After issuing the DOA letter, he sealed the laptop box to indicate that it had been inspected and sealed by HP, ensuring that the HP agent would recognize it as such when picking it up. IMG_4306.jpeg
Now HP DOA team role ends and HP authorised agent comes in (savex) they mailed me the very next day saying that “we don’t have this exact same model but we have this model, please let us know if you want this”
I approved it as the specs were 100% similar. Now I am waiting for them to pick it up and deliver me the new laptop.
Will update once I get the laptop.
Always happy with Hp service quality but it last if within warranty.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
Update: After few days of struggling with amazon, I gave up as no one was coming to pick the laptop, they just kept rescheduling it.
I directly contacted HP India customer care, explained them the issue. So they have this policy where in they replace a laptop if it faces any major issue within 14 days from Invoice date. (shouldn’t be due to physical damage).
Just after 2 hours one engineer visited my home, he checked if it is due to physical damage or not as in my case the laptop was having some display issue which was internal and not physical.
So HP DOA team issued a DOA letter (Deficient on Arrival) just after the inspection which says that “this brand new product is being declared as DOA and HP will help you with the Replacement process”
(It’s a very detailed letter but I have concluded it above).
After issuing the DOA letter, he sealed the laptop box to indicate that it had been inspected and sealed by HP, ensuring that the HP agent would recognize it as such when picking it up. IMG_4306.jpeg
Now HP DOA team role ends and HP authorised agent comes in (savex) they mailed me the very next day saying that “we don’t have this exact same model but we have this model, please let us know if you want this”
I approved it as the specs were 100% similar. Now I am waiting for them to pick it up and deliver me the new laptop.
Will update once I get the laptop.
Look like you had Omen. Which replacement model did they offer?

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I ordered HP Omen 16 Laptop from amazon for ₹105000, When I pressed power button the screen flickered and now I see few different coloured lines as if it is broken from inside.
I called customer care and asked them to return my laptop, they scheduled pickup for 18th March, but in afternoon I received a call saying that the pick up is canceled.
I again called customer care they said we are scheduling it for 21st march it got canceled again today(18th march) just after sometime.
I again called them, now they have scheduled it for tomorrow, but I am not sure if someone will come to pick up that.
What should I do now?
Had this happen to me when I ordered a Sony home theater. Took 1 month to refund my money but they still haven't picked it up🤣

Abhi5467

TF Select
I ordered HP Omen 16 Laptop from amazon for ₹105000, When I pressed power button the screen flickered and now I see few different coloured lines as if it is broken from inside.
I called customer care and asked them to return my laptop, they scheduled pickup for 18th March, but in afternoon I received a call saying that the pick up is canceled.
I again called customer care they said we are scheduling it for 21st march it got canceled again today(18th march) just after sometime.
I again called them, now they have scheduled it for tomorrow, but I am not sure if someone will come to pick up that.
What should I do now?
If you are persistent enough with e-mails and calling customer daily. Eventually they will refund your money(know that ecommerce sites store inventory and returns and refunds are processed by sites only, dealer has no involvement except for small businesses). You might get refund and they still won't pickup the order..who knows😉 Happened with me. Ordered a product from Flipkart was defective filed a return...they kept delaying. Wrote tens of emails...in end contacted International number and they refunded immediately from international bank account. After 2 days another refund was processed and recieved the same amount again🙈 Sadly, the item worked fine after few days and no one picked up the order😁 They never mentioned anything again except to rate the interaction which I happily gave them 5 stars.
PS: The defective product was declared defective by the installation guy but it was a software problem. The product is still working fine after almost 4 years to this day.