• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Alternative to HDFC Regalia

jhanishdev

TF Buzz
I will keep the story short. HDFC'c credit card department is run by bunch of unqualified people and I wish to replace the Regalia if possible. I prefer to be respected as a customer rather than be treated as an expendable product. RM's and BM's call us for FD's, Credit line renewals and insurance but nobody is willing to give a worthy credit card upgrade even after good spends.

My card portfolio is made up of

1. Amex Platinum travel for the reward rate
2. Indusind Tiger for business spends.
3. SBI cashback. Good only when there are no online offers.
4. HDFC Business Regalia (time to show it the drawer.)

few other LTF cards that I don't use from SBI, Kotak, Standard Chartered etc.

I am looking for an alternative credit card with the following features if possible.
1. LTF preferred but also comfortable with annual fee of around 3000Rs if waiver is not included.
2. Monthly movie ticket offers (without quota) on bookmyshow (not paytm) preferred.
3. International Lounge access (although, I have never used the facility till date)
4. Good online offers from Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, dineout/zomato etc.

cards I have considered

1. Standard Chartered Ultimate pre-approved. Many complain of lack of redemption options. Provides reward points even for annual fees.
2. Kotak Zen signature preapproved. Offers international lounge access and seems to have good online offers (myntra and Amazon).
3. Federal Celesta(Rupay Select?). Has international lounge and bookmyshow offer. No information on much else.
4. IDFC first wealth credit card. Has lounge access. Reward rate is low but I can settle with .25ps per point value against cash credit.
5. Any good ICICI card that offers Bookmyshow offers and online offers along with International lounge access.
6. Indusind pinnacle LTF possible?
7. Kotak white card LTF possible ?

Welcoming suggestions and feedback.

Thank you for your help.

mj01

TF Select
If you have good limit and spends on Regalia, you can also try mailing their CC grievance email id for upgrade. RMs have never been useful - they have tried selling me ULIPs and other investment plans to 'make a case' for CC upgrade.

drsel

TF Legend
If you have good limit and spends on Regalia, you can also try mailing their CC grievance email id for upgrade. RMs have never been useful - they have tried selling me ULIPs and other investment plans to 'make a case' for CC upgrade.
Be careful, the agent commission in the first year can go up to 40% of the insurance premium paid by you!

drsel

TF Legend
I think you misread my post. I am saying the RMs are useless.
No, not all of them.
My RM was extremely useful.
He managed to get me Magnus Burgundy lifetime free on the very last day.

And not once did he try to sell me any insurance or ULIP. He probably knows that I am an expert on finance

jhanishdev

TF Buzz
same response as RM and BM. Equally pathetic and useless in my case.
Be careful, the agent commission in the first year can go up to 40% of the insurance premium paid by you!
Link?

shivamk

TF Premier
What was your NRV with Axis?
No, not all of them.
My RM was extremely useful.
He managed to get me Magnus Burgundy lifetime free on the very last day.

And not once did he try to sell me any insurance or ULIP. He probably knows that I am an expert on finance