• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

All BOB Credit Cards devaluation alert

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Effective from 15th November, 2022 BOB Financial going to change its reward system for all bob credit cards.
You'll earn 50% less reward for all spends done on special categories.

Screenshot_20221015_203537.jpg

MCC codes of all special categories are listed below-

Screenshot_20221015_203556.jpg
Major categories that are excluded-
Rent, utility bill payment, educational fees payment, government fees payment, insurance, supermarket etc.
This is really horrible!

Stevie G

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Guys, for the spends that we will make till Nov 15th, 5x RPs will be accrued and when we encash them in the next statement cycle the value will be 25 paise right?? im asking this for ETERNA card. Pls respond

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guys, for the spends that we will make till Nov 15th, 5x RPs will be accrued and when we encash them in the next statement cycle the value will be 25 paise right?? im asking this for ETERNA card. Pls respond
You can encash them right now itself. Points are accrued once the transaction is settled. Open BoB Card app/Net banking and check reward points.

Source: I have already redeemed points for Nov month at 0.25paise

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can encash them right now itself. Points are accrued once the transaction is settled. Open BoB Card app/Net banking and check reward points.

What changes will there be for eterna after 15th. I mean to ask - which online spends will not give 5x points after 15th ?

Other than special MCC and fuel spends , all online transaction will still give 5x points ?

brahmin_baniya

TF Select
Just write to escalations@bobfinancial.com explaining the same. You will get a confirmation from them and then you can decide whether to keep the card or not. In all probability it's lifetime free. I too applied when their lifetime free offer was on but got the same booklet info(info is outdated). Just get a confirmation from BOB and use without worry.
thanks ,is there a way to use this card for upi payments?

Stevie G

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Oh great.....When will the milestone rewards get credited to us....i have done 50k in 60 days, so expecting 10,000 RPs to be credited soon??

Stevie G

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

I have encashed them 2 days ago....how will they be reflected ?? will it be adjusted against the outstanding amount in the current statement or in the next statement??

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So , accelerated points for eterna are capped at 5000 per month ?
Last month i received appropriate points till 6000 after that no accelerated points , even on Flipkart / Amazon transactions