• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ALL Accor Loyalty Stacking Questions

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just want to see check how all these stack if at all...

1. Buying 50+ ACCOR shares gets me GOLD status. Any elite status night credits?
2. Voyageur @200EUR - gets 20 elite status nights. Any change in status when already at gold?
3. 5 nights actual stay with 3000EUR spend. Am I still only at gold or any upgraded level?

Thanks....only just started exploring the ALL program.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Since I didn't get any answers, I've set out to find answers the hard way and will update this thread as I go along.

1. Bought 50 shares of AC on Paris Euronext through IBKR for about €1500 on 20th October and applied to the Accor Shareholder Club. Got approved today 2nd November and was upgraded to Gold. No status nights or points!

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What's the requirement to open a interactive broker account
And do we have to bear the forex rates or how is it ?
No minimum requirements to open the account. But not worth the effort unless you're going to invest long term and for minimum $10k in my opinion.

Yes, funding the account is through LRS channel through wire transfer with swift, forex charges etc and TCS.

Edit: Definitely won't make sense just to buy accor and get gold.

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just want to see check how all these stack if at all...

1. Buying 50+ ACCOR shares gets me GOLD status. Any elite status night credits?
2. Voyageur @200EUR - gets 20 elite status nights. Any change in status when already at gold?
3. 5 nights actual stay with 3000EUR spend. Am I still only at gold or any upgraded level?

Thanks....only just started exploring the ALL program.
2. No change in status when you are already at Gold. It just adds 20 nights thus taking you closer to the next milestone, nothing else.
3. Depends on your status points. For the next upgraded level (diamond), you need 14000 status points (around 5600 Euro) , so your 3000 Euro spend will definitely get you closer to the next status.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Since I didn't get any answers, I've set out to find answers the hard way and will update this thread as I go along.

1. Bought 50 shares of AC on Paris Euronext through IBKR for about €1500 on 20th October and applied to the Accor Shareholder Club. Got approved today 2nd November and was upgraded to Gold. No status nights or points!
I just got my IBKR account activated. Planning to buy the Accor Shares.
I have a question, if you are buying from IBKR you are buying a proper registered share not a bearer share.
So is there an official requirement of min 50 shares even through IBKR route? I see that its mentioned for bearer shares ( where you buy from different listed exchanges if available)

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a question, if you are buying from IBKR you are buying a proper registered share not a bearer share.
So is there an official requirement of min 50 shares even through IBKR route? I see that its mentioned for bearer shares ( where you buy from different listed exchanges if available)
You will get bearer shares unless you go through the painstaking process of registering the shares with their registrar. Hope you are fluent in French.

aashish2137

TF Select
What status are you currently? If below Gold, do you think it's worth the effort?

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What status are you currently? If below Gold, do you think it's worth the effort?
Silver status now.
In Gold you get free upgrade & early check-in/ late check-out (subject to availability)
Rather than doing a mattress run and burning points or cash, going through the shareholders route is a better option.

kuku1687

TF Select
Free upgrade is subject to availability but I got it in all three hotels in Thailand. Couldn't try the early check in or late check out though

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What is the difference in the room? only size?
Depends on the hotel. If it's ibis or any budget chain then no difference.
If it's mid to luxury chain like Grand Mercure, Sofitel etc then bigger room / balcony / bathtub / business lounge access / complimentary high tea / cocktail hours etc. depends on the hotel.

drsel

TF Legend
Depends on the hotel. If it's ibis or any budget chain then no difference.
If it's mid to luxury chain like Grand Mercure, Sofitel etc then bigger room / balcony / bathtub / business lounge access / complimentary high tea / cocktail hours etc. depends on the hotel.
Thanks 👍
Our days are Action packed with sightseeing.
We don't have time except to sleep in the room

drsel

TF Legend
The whole idea of converting edge points into Accor points is to avoid paying money, not to spend more money

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What document did you upload from IBKR for the 50 bearer share proof? Can you please let me know?
I sent them a screenshot of my purchase confirmation from the IBKR mobile app. I also followed up with multiple emails as I was impatient. They may take up to 2 weeks to actually process your registration and give you gold.

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am at 38 nights. Any quick way to add 22 nights and reach Platinum? My gold membership is valid till 31/8/2024 (mentioned clearly on the Accor App), but it also says that I need to earn 22 nights before 31/12/2023 to go to Platinum. What does this mean exactly? My 38 status nights will drop and by how much on 1st January 2024? But i will continue to hold gold status till end of membership on 31/8/2024?
See attached screenshot. @MilesMax
Silver status now.
In Gold you get free upgrade & early check-in/ late check-out (subject to availability)
Rather than doing a mattress run and burning points or cash, going through the shareholders route is a better option.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.jpeg
    IMG_2986.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6