• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AIS & Credit Card Usage Notice

deep@vie

TF Legend
No it won't be as it means only it will be shown in AIS and when we are disclosing these 56L worth txns and paying taxes on the profit then what problem IT department will have?
Yes,if shiwn in AIS/TIS.
How & from where can he pay 56lac bill if your income is merely 10l.
His father can not show business as his employer won't allow that along with job AFAIK.
@gopal sharma can show his business & show 6% profit but there comes GST as next hurdle,as transactions exceed that range 20l/40l.

deep@vie

TF Legend
You have nothing to worry about. I have a business and I transact crores of rupees every year all through credit cards. Not only mine, but cards in my mother's and sister's names. I have consulted my CA also regarding this. He says its fine as long as you can account for every rupee you have spent. In this case whatever you are "spending" comes back to the same place only, i.e. in either your or your father's bank account. If they send a notice, you can provide a written statement from your father stating that he has given 1 lakh as a loan to you and that you are paying him back every day repeatedly.
But Keep in mind one very important thing. CREDIT CARD REWARDS IS CONSIDERED TO BE TAXABLE INCOME, under "Income from other sources". So you need to show that when you file your ITR and it will be taxed according to your tax slab.
Apart from that you have nothing to worry about.
What about the GST part,he doesn't have one.

harshit_agrawal

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes,if shiwn in AIS/TIS.
How & from where can he pay 56lac bill if your income is merely 10l.
His father can not show business as his employer won't allow that along with job AFAIK.
@gopal sharma can show his business & show 6% profit but there comes GST as next hurdle,as transactions exceed that range 20l/40l.
He can show rotation, no problem in that. Rotation is not illegal.

You have done 2 mistakes

(1) Rotating 56 L.

And the second one is even more severe than the first one.

(2) NOT CONTACTING A QUALIFIED CA.

Majority of people here are like me who are not qualified enough to get you out of this trouble. You should immediately go to a professional CA and seek help there. I have gone through the responses you got here and 95% of them are just useless and some have even gone far out of their way in making fun of your situation.

harshit_agrawal

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It's just not just rotation,a merchant account is also involved,so GST department will come in picture as transactions crossed the permitted limit.
Yes that is true and maybe he have to pay some penalty and do some formalities, but it is not something so major to fear. That's why with my initial comment on this thread, saying to OP to go to a reputed CA and get it sorted.
People are putting fear into his mind in this thread and maybe he is very much scared now, instead of helping.

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
When a cop gets a tax notice, it’s like a siren going off in his head. He might as well start packing his bags for a long vacation. His son has messed up big time and put his dad’s career on the line. His son has done something very naughty and put his dad’s job in jeopardy. The best thing he can do now is confess and take the consequences, instead of looking for loopholes on the web. If he doesn’t, he’ll be tempted to do more silly things in the future and end up in more hot water.

deep@vie

TF Legend
Yes that is true and maybe he have to pay some penalty and do some formalities, but it is not something so major to fear. That's why with my initial comment on this thread, saying to OP to go to a reputed CA and get it sorted.
People are putting fear into his mind in this thread and maybe he is very much scared now, instead of helping.
Yes, that's true,it's manageable, these transactions might not be visible in AIS at all.

harshit_agrawal

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yeah, that can be done easily showing 6% profit.
But here absence of GST & his never filing an ITR made it a bit tricky.
Expert advise should be taken.
6L profit is very much, they don't even show 1L as profit.
Yes opening a current account without GST and rotating through that is little complicated. But I am a sure that a CA can help in linking all this. Yes for mere 50k he did very big txns and now maybe have to pay more than 50k for all CA fees, taxes, penalties and all.

CCnewbie

TF Select
Or say I got hacked and somebody did all the transaction I dont even know what is happening and claim innocence.

gopal sharma

TF Select
Hn bhai daar ka mahul h

deep@vie

TF Legend
6L profit is very much, they don't even show 1L as profit.
Yes opening a current account without GST and rotating through that is little complicated. But I am a sure that a CA can help in linking all this. Yes for mere 50k he did very big txns and now maybe have to pay more than 50k for all CA fees, taxes, penalties and all.
He's a kid,got misguided.
It's not his fault.
Parents should keep an eye on kids & should not handover credit cards or bank accounts to them and if necessary to share,then should check transaction statements on regular basis.