• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel app not allowing Amazon Pay wallet

Gohio

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I always pay my Airtel Black bill using Amazon Pay wallet in the Airtel Thanks app. But they have removed all wallet options other than Airtel payment bank starting this month.

Can others verify that they are also not getting the Amazon Pay option in the app?
With this change, it seems that the only way to get good discounts is through Airtel Axis CC.

I always pay my Airtel Black bill using Amazon Pay wallet in the Airtel Thanks app. But they have removed all wallet options other than Airtel payment bank starting this month.

Can others verify that they are also not getting the Amazon Pay option in the app?
With this change, it seems that the only way to get good discounts is through Airtel Axis CC.
I am getting the option to pay the amazon wallet. Maybe some issue on your account. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Airtel app

Gohio

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Some weird stuff is happening. I checked with a friend's app. Amazon pay option is there for recharging is account but the moment I try to pay my bill through his account the option disappeared again.

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
The payment options offered by the Airtel app aren't static. They keep disappearing and reappearing from time to time. At least that's what I've noticed. A while ago, payment via credit card option disappeared from the app on my phone, but when I checked on my Father's phone, the option was still there and I was able to make the payment from his phone.

The option reappeared after a couple of days on my phone. So, I suggest you to wait for a few days and then try again.

Gohio

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have been following up with customer care for a few days now. Today the agent says that his supervisor has confirmed APay is removed from the app and then I told him that it's showing up on my friend's app.
Airtel is full of bloody idiots. I'm 99% certain Airtel is running some kind of A/B test to push their UPI and CC adoption. Different phone numbers will get different experiences.

Abhi5467

TF Select
I have been following up with customer care for a few days now. Today the agent says that his supervisor has confirmed APay is removed from the app and then I told him that it's showing up on my friend's app.
Airtel is full of bloody idiots. I'm 99% certain Airtel is running some kind of A/B test to push their UPI and CC adoption. Different phone numbers will get different experiences.
I think they want to promote their Airtel wallet. They removed all wallets. Only Airtel is available. Don't use Airtel wallet or bank for transactions, many user reported failed transactions.

sar456

TF Buzz
Go to pay bill option from amazon pay option in amazon app and then you should be able to pay bills using amazon pay balance. Don't think there is any extra charge