• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to make utility payment on Airtel Thanks app using Axis Airtel Credit Card

Post number 12 has been selected as best answer.

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey Folks,

I am facing a weird issue on airtel thanks app.
I activated my airtel axis credit card just today and while I am trying to pay my bill using the pay option and selecting broadband/landline option on the app.. I am asked personalise the experience.. if I select maybe later then it takes me to old looking BBPS screen where I can't select any provider on broadband and if I select allow on personalise the experience popup then I get a "something went wrong" toast notification and allow button turns into a loader and keep revolving..

Basically it fetched my broadband bill but no way I am getting to move to payment page where I can enter my airtel card details and complete payment. Please help folks.. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared cache and even cleared all data for the app but still this isssue persists..

Dharm

TF Premier
Same thing happened to me as well while doing payment today. But when I manually entered the card no. & CVV, payment went through. Previously it wasn't like this.
Yes that's the weird thing, as most Apps prompt us to save card details as per RBI guidelines, and preferred that method only, first time faced such issue where saved card is not working and manually added card is working

I am using this card from last 1.5 years,

Never faced such error that "Payment is declined by bank", last month working fine.

Checked my payment limit in card already, last month done only 2200 transaction done with the card on Airtel app

Any suggestions to resolve this issue?
Screenshot_2023-11-02-08-10-01-34_c2c78ac7aa03ce7ab077618c8ca92763.jpg
Faced same issue last 2 days. Then remembered facing this a year back and followed the old process. Delete the saved card. Then proceed for payment and manually enter card details. It will work.

mohit7

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am using this card from last 1.5 years,

Never faced such error that "Payment is declined by bank", last month working fine.

Checked my payment limit in card already, last month done only 2200 transaction done with the card on Airtel app

Any suggestions to resolve this issue?
Screenshot_2023-11-02-08-10-01-34_c2c78ac7aa03ce7ab077618c8ca92763.jpg
Same thing happening with me since yesterday.

mohit7

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Trying this since 2 days, and getting same error,

After sending message on the forum, I thought to remove saved card, and uninstall app, after doing this, and re-installing app, and making payment via freshly added card(same card which is declined by bank), my payment was successful.

So came back in forum to delete my post, as payment was successful just after sending this post. But as you have commented, so replying, as may be it can help someone else in future.

Sometimes Weird thing happens .... I am trying this for 2 days, and just after post, its successful by little work around

🤔🤔🤔🤔
Thanks, I just deleted saved card and entered card details manually again and it worked!