• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AccorPoints limitations on hotel booking - LIMIT

I recently transferred ~9.5K points in Accor Plus. When I try to make a reservation, I couldn’t use all of my points to make a Booking.

Drawbacks at the moment:
1. Cannot utilise points for Member Rate
2. Points booking is 20%higher than Member Rate
3. Limit of 2K/4K points to make a hotel booking

This is a serious bummer, I wouldn’t have transferred points to this membership.

Please let me know If I am doing something wrong. IMG_6872.png IMG_6874.png

Solution
@paluvadisurya There are some easy solutions to them:

1. You can easily utilize point in members' rate. Just make sure pay at hotel option is available, so you just book and pay at the hotel with the points gathered on your account.
2. Accor Always go with 40 EUP = 2,000 pts redemption, thus it's better to calculate it in Euro, change the currency. You can't do anything about it. So there are two kinds of redemption they do. The first I already mentioned, the second is that some hotels do also redeem pts at 20 EUR = 1,000 pts redemption. It's always wiser to pay at the hotel as you can club all the bills and pay together with the redemption.

No worries, a detailed article is coming soon to TechnoFino, almost done with it, hope...

slongani

TF Select
I recently transferred ~9.5K points in Accor Plus. When I try to make a reservation, I couldn’t use all of my points to make a Booking.

Drawbacks at the moment:

This is a serious bummer, I wouldn’t have transferred points to this membership.

for 4k points, you are saving 7200. for 6k points, it would have been 10800, which is more than the room rate, and would have eaten up taxes. hence, the 4k limit for this particular rate.

also, the 20% higher includes breakfast. rates which can be booked via points vary on hotel, room type and availability. can be very different.

e.g.: you may be paying extra from the cheapest rate, but getting higher category room or breakfast etc.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
for 4k points, you are saving 7200. for 6k points, it would have been 10800, which is more than the room rate, and would have eaten up taxes. hence, the 4k limit for this particular rate.

also, the 20% higher includes breakfast. rates which can be booked via points vary on hotel, room type and availability. can be very different.

e.g.: you may be paying extra from the cheapest rate, but getting higher category room or breakfast etc.
But does that mean it is necessary to pay remaining in cash? What if we are okay with letting go of additional points and still use 6k?

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have heard that there is a way to redeem points even for the Red Hot Rooms and Accor Plus (20% off through the app) rates. Can anyone on this forum shed more light on it?

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can we have a concise summary regarding booking. from what I read in discussions. If we choose payment at hotel option with whichever booking in app.. other than prepayment options. They can at hotels which allow deduction of points for room plus taxes in multiples of 1000. Rest of the amount below 1800 (20 euro or 1000 points) we have to pay

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
I have heard that there is a way to redeem points even for the Red Hot Rooms and Accor Plus (20% off through the app) rates. Can anyone on this forum shed more light on it?

NeerajNegi

TF Premier

Drawbacks at the moment:

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Drawbacks at the moment:

You are not a accor plus member correct?
Also points can only be used for booking that says pay at hotel, so you can directly book at the best price that says pay at hotel. And then while checkin you can pay using your reward points including taxes.

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You are not a accor plus member correct?
Also points can only be used for booking that says pay at hotel, so you can directly book at the best price that says pay at hotel. And then while checkin you can pay using your reward points including taxes.
Can points be used for discounted prices (20% off, non-refundable) that Accor Plus members get?