• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accidental death insurance via different routes

Akshay Ajmera

TF Select
O was looking for an accidental death insurance and k was surprised to compare the rates when i was lurchasing this from core insurance company ( icici lombard, max bupa) and third party( paytm, phonepe)
An accidental death for 15lakh cost me approx 1500 ra qhen i purchase it from inaurance conpany direct, but when i check rates on paytm and phonepe, i was getting aame insurance for Rs 400-500.

I want to understand why the difference is so high between both the channels

Souvik

TF Premier
Its more about the fine print, do not go with paytm, phonepe, bank salesperson/RM/BM recommendations. Do your own research and maybe add riders for accidental death onto your existing life insurance or health insurance, instead of taking something afresh.

In times of distress, your family would not be in a position to run around in multiple zones for claims so maybe try assembling all your risks onto a good private insurer.

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Ace
In one of the recent news, it was advised from a court that insurance companies can't be so technical when a claim is placed with them. So they have their technical points always ready with them in order to make the customer frustrated and that's the harsh truth.