• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

30% off on Eazydiner, 20% off on Bookmyshow, Amazon, Swiggy using Kotak bank Everyday RuPay Platinum Debit Card

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have reached the stage on the APP where I have entered the OTP received from Kotak, only to have the transaction declined by Kotak Bank after entering the OTP. This has happened multiple times hence the doubt.
Face similar issue in April last year, find SS of my complaint to Kotak (4 April 2023)
Debit card worked everywhere but failed on ED.
Kotak also investigated the issue, only to conclude that there is no issue with debit card, contact ED for this
Screenshot_2024-04-24-19-17-41-95_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

shrekster

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Face similar issue in April last year, find SS of my complaint to Kotak (4 April 2023)
Debit card worked everywhere but failed on ED.
Kotak also investigated the issue, only to conclude that there is no issue with debit card, contact ED for this
Screenshot_2024-04-24-19-17-41-95_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
I like your dedication in doing this.
However, why will ED have an hand in this?
All other transactions on ED using Axis / IndusInd / AmazonPay / ICICI / SC were successful!

anonymuos

TF Ace
So the exclusive offer on this debit card is of only eazydiner and BookMyShow. Rest are general offers applicable to any rupay platinum debit card.
BMS offer would have been great if it was applicable on F&B purchases too.

Btw, the eazydiner offer of this debit card beats even the indusind eazydiner cobranded credit card offer. Suprising, well done rupay
Well done Kotak. As this is not an offer from RuPay. Utility bills, Swiggy - those are offers from RuPay.

shrekster

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Not only kotak, many other transactions also fail on ED sometimes...
For me, all the other transactions have been successful except for this, hence the skepticism.
On a tangent note, does anyone know if Magnus add-on card can also avail the same benefits as Magnus on Eazydiner including the birthday offer?

I have not used Eazydiner, but a couple of my friends have. They have now stopped using it. They say that restaurants provide inferior meals and service when they know that the customer is a chindi chor looking for major discounts on the level of 25%-40%. The only good use of Eazydiner seems to be on buffets where they cannot give you a different meal than full paying customers.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have not used Eazydiner, but a couple of my friends have. They have now stopped using it. They say that restaurants provide inferior meals and service when they know that the customer is a chindi chor looking for major discounts on the level of 25%-40%. The only good use of Eazydiner seems to be on buffets where they cannot give you a different meal than full paying customers.
Customer chindi chor ho gya toh restaurant wala kya hua fir?
Such a restaurant will cheat u in normal circumstances too, better avoid them altogether

Customer chindi chor ho gya toh restaurant wala kya hua fir?
Such a restaurant will cheat u in normal circumstances too, better avoid them altogether
Every restaurant will prefer full price customers over discount hunting customers. Good luck trying to avoid every single restaurant.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Every restaurant will prefer full price customers over discount hunting customers. Good luck trying to avoid every single restaurant.
Anyone who needs luck here, it is you.

And what I am trying to say is jo beiman h vo beiman hi rhega, full/less price ka farak nhi pdta unhe
Jo tumhe galat treat kare just because u opted for discount, mat jao dobara vha.
Tum chindi chor nhi ho, restaurant wala fraud h..

Anyone who needs luck here, it is you.

And what I am trying to say is jo beiman h vo beiman hi rhega, full/less price ka farak nhi pdta unhe
Jo tumhe galat treat kare just because u opted for discount, mat jao dobara vha.
Tum chindi chor nhi ho, restaurant wala fraud h..
You can call it fraud or whatever, but in the end it will still happen to the discount users, so you should focus on the deficiency of product you are getting on discount instead of trying to engage in polemic. Arguing over it is hardly going to change the ground situation, no?

I pay full price for a la carte because I want full service and full quality. I don't need luck for that, thank you for your concern. The only place I consider using eazydiner is at buffets where they cannot alter the food and service based on mode of payment.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
which city have you experienced this ?
I can vouch for in delhi ncr and the popular chains don't differentiate on basis of this. Zomato,swiggy dineout,eazydiner are heavily used everywhere here.
Even I eat regularly at sagar ratna at 20% (rest disc on ezd) + 25% (on payment cc).

Mostly these issues may arise at smaller restaurants where the owners may be chindi themselves.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
can we split the bill and pay multiple times from same or different cards from eazydiner app?

which city have you experienced this ?
I can vouch for in delhi ncr and the popular chains don't differentiate on basis of this. Zomato,swiggy dineout,eazydiner are heavily used everywhere here.
Even I eat regularly at sagar ratna at 20% (rest disc on ezd) + 25% (on payment cc).

Mostly these issues may arise at smaller restaurants where the owners may be chindi themselves.
It occurs at most restaurants. I have been acquainted with a couple of restaurant owners at malls from before the pandemic and they all say it frankly that they do treat discount hunters in a discount fashion. Full price paying people get full price food and service.

Now, you can call them chindi if you want, but they are just giving the customer proportionally to what they paid, so can't really blame them. Calling them names isn't going to alter the ground reality.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can call it fraud or whatever, but in the end it will still happen to the discount users, so you should focus on the deficiency of product you are getting on discount instead of trying to engage in polemic. Arguing over it is hardly going to change the ground situation, no?

I pay full price for a la carte because I want full service and full quality. I don't need luck for that, thank you for your concern. The only place I consider using eazydiner is at buffets where they cannot alter the food and service based on mode of payment.
You should Name those restaurant who indulge in such dirty practices, so that we can avoid going there

You should Name those restaurant who indulge in such dirty practices, so that we can avoid going there
No, I like those places and I go there frequently. I have no incentive to name them. You can call them dirty, but they are simply providing you 75% quality for 75% price, so their logic makes perfect sense.

And in any case, naming a couple of such restaurants will hardly make a difference because plenty of others do it as well. It cannot be avoided so easily. If you are lucky, you can land at places that don't do this.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No, I like those places and I go there frequently. I have no incentive to name them. You can call them dirty, but they are simply providing you 75% quality for 75% price, so their logic makes perfect sense.

And in any case, naming a couple of such restaurants will hardly make a difference because plenty of others do it as well. It cannot be avoided. If you are lucky, you can land at a place that doesn't do this.
Bhai jinki complaint karne aye the yha, unki traf se hi batting karne lag gye

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
It occurs at most restaurants. I have been acquainted with a couple of restaurant owners at malls from before the pandemic and they all say it frankly that they do treat discount hunters in a discount fashion. Full price paying people get full price food and service.

Now, you can call them chindi if you want, but they are just giving the customer proportionally to what they paid, so can't really blame them. Calling them names isn't going to alter the ground reality.
Let me clear some air here. The payment offer (on eazydiner via cc) is something easydiner as a platform provides it to us and the restaurant receives the full amount. This is the cut beared by eazydiner similar to what riders get in ola,uber etc.
The upfront discount shown in eazdiner restaurants (like 10%,20%,25% for prime) are something that is a mutual and exclusive agreement between the restaurant and eazydiner. Now if the restaurant has a problem here, they would anyway discontinue the tie-up. Also, these types of restaurants also have other concurrent tie-ups in zomtao,swigg etc, so they anyway offer discount through other channels too.