• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

2023 Credit Card Review: Milestones, Achievements, and Plans for 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello TFCians,

It's December 25, 2023. We are just 6 days away from 2024. 2023 was full of action when it comes to credit cards. We have seen many credit cards go from being one of the best in India to almost useless, and we have also witnessed some extraordinary credit card launches in 2023. Let's discuss some personal milestones for the year, such as how many credit card accounts you opened, how many you closed, the amount of rewards you managed to earn (if you are comfortable sharing), the best deal you enjoyed using a credit card, which credit card you mainly use, your memorable purchase using a credit card, the trips you completed using credit card points, and your plans for 2024.

Let me share mine:

How many credit cards I have added in 2023 and how many I have closed?
I had 42 credit cards back in December 2022, and now I have 57, and closed 8 credit cards, so I have added 23 new credit cards in 2023.

The amount of rewards you managed to earn?
Before closing my Axis Magnus and Reserve, I managed to accumulate approximately 27.10 Lakhs EDGE Points in 2023. Accumulated Approximately 10 Lakhs MR Points in 2023. Accumulated 2.23 Lakhs ICICI Bank Credit Card reward points. Managed to get 2.8 Lakhs HDFC Infinia reward points. Managed to get 10 Lakhs Yes Private reward points. Also managed to get approx 1.58 Lakhs CV Points, 4 Business class tickets, and 4 Premium Economy class tickets using Vistara co-branded cards.

Your memorable purchase using a credit card?
Purchased a car using a credit card without paying any MDR fees.

The trips you completed using credit card points?
Almost all my domestic flights and hotels were sponsored by credit card rewards in 2023. All were mainly business/work trips. Took 28 flights in 2023, all were domestic flights.

Plan for 2024
Have booked 3 international trips so far, planning to visit 7 to 8 countries in 2024. And the main plan is to accumulate more rewards in 2024 than in 2023.

Which credit card did you use mainly?
I mainly used Axis Reserve, Magnus, Atlas, HDFC Infinia, Yes Private, ICICI Emeralde, Amex Plat Travel, MRCC, Gold Charge, SBI Cashback, SBI Vistara Prime, Axis Vistara Infinite, and maybe a few more cards.

Don't forget to share your yearly review!

20231225_195857.jpg

Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy New Year 2024
Cheers 🥂

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino sir could you please share the name of those credit cards which allows business spends?
Why will one Dig own grave 😂..
He already said some high HNi card allows .
Because your limit are high like 5-10 lakh
Even if u spend 3-6 lakh month on repeated transaction. They are already aware it will happen .
Ofc if ur cc spends cross 10 lakh per card a year .. you will have to justify ..
Untill and unless
You are doing 18 lakh transaction on Flipkart axis credit card.. 😂 u won't get income tax call.

You should ask ? What kinda spend you do and how u can maximize on that category spend
Because none can exactly say business or personal untill its 10x repetitive within month.

Why will one Dig own grave 😂..
He already said some high HNi card allows .
Because your limit are high like 5-10 lakh
Even if u spend 3-6 lakh month on repeated transaction. They are already aware it will happen .
Ofc if ur cc spends cross 10 lakh per card a year .. you will have to justify ..
Untill and unless
You are doing 18 lakh transaction on Flipkart axis credit card.. 😂 u won't get income tax call.

You should ask ? What kinda spend you do and how u can maximize on that category spend
Because none can exactly say business or personal untill its 10x repetitive within month.
Is it kind of compulsory that you will get a notification/capture your above 10 lacs spend in AIS? 100% of people are getting this in their AIS?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Is it kind of compulsory that you will get a notification/capture your above 10 lacs spend in AIS? 100% of people are getting this in their AIS?
Things is your salary is 15-20lakh or even 10 lakh .
You can always justify that and usually not asked by Income tax notice
But u have income of 3-5 lakh & u spent 10-15 lakh on cards of same

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Things is your salary is 15-20lakh or even 10 lakh .
You can always justify that and usually not asked by Income tax notice
But u have income of 3-5 lakh & u spent 10-15 lakh on cards of same
This rules are mainly for capturing imran khan like people.
People who are mostly not salaried and having high net worth and profitable businesses yet not filing ITR or declaring very less income.
IT Dept mainly targets these people via these tracking
No point in over extracting juice from the average salaried tax payers, they very well know this will backfire unto them

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
This rules are mainly for capturing imran khan like people.
People who are mostly not salaried and having high net worth and profitable businesses yet not filing ITR or declaring very less income.
IT Dept mainly targets these people via these tracking
No point in over extracting juice from the average salaried tax payers, they very well know this will backfire unto them
Yup thats the point 👉..
If ur itr is high it won't be flagged or a concern

gg123

TF Premier
Started my journey in 2023 March.
Added ICICI platinum, Axis ACE, Axis Select, ICICI Coral Rupay, Amex Gold Charge

Pure cash back- 5500 , ICICI RP - 4043 , Edge points - 23k , MR points - 16.5k

Just a high end Overear headphones

None.

Plan for 2024
Get a travel centric card and probably try to contribute my flight fare via those points

Axis ACE , ICICI plat , Axis Select

Hello TFCians,

It's December 25, 2023. We are just 6 days away from 2024. 2023 was full of action when it comes to credit cards. We have seen many credit cards go from being one of the best in India to almost useless, and we have also witnessed some extraordinary credit card launches in 2023. Let's discuss some personal milestones for the year, such as how many credit card accounts you opened, how many you closed, the amount of rewards you managed to earn (if you are comfortable sharing), the best deal you enjoyed using a credit card, which credit card you mainly use, your memorable purchase using a credit card, the trips you completed using credit card points, and your plans for 2024.

Let me share mine:

I had 42 credit cards back in December 2022, and now I have 57, and closed 8 credit cards, so I have added 23 new credit cards in 2023.

Before closing my Axis Magnus and Reserve, I managed to accumulate approximately 27.10 Lakhs EDGE Points in 2023. Accumulated Approximately 10 Lakhs MR Points in 2023. Accumulated 2.23 Lakhs ICICI Bank Credit Card reward points. Managed to get 2.8 Lakhs HDFC Infinia reward points. Managed to get 10 Lakhs Yes Private reward points. Also managed to get approx 1.58 Lakhs CV Points, 4 Business class tickets, and 4 Premium Economy class tickets using Vistara co-branded cards.

Purchased a car using a credit card without paying any MDR fees.

Almost all my domestic flights and hotels were sponsored by credit card rewards in 2023. All were mainly business/work trips. Took 28 flights in 2023, all were domestic flights.

Plan for 2024
Have booked 3 international trips so far, planning to visit 7 to 8 countries in 2024. And the main plan is to accumulate more rewards in 2024 than in 2023.

I mainly used Axis Reserve, Magnus, Atlas, HDFC Infinia, Yes Private, ICICI Emeralde, Amex Plat Travel, MRCC, Gold Charge, SBI Cashback, SBI Vistara Prime, Axis Vistara Infinite, and maybe a few more cards.

Don't forget to share your yearly review!

20231225_195857.jpg

Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy New Year 2024
Cheers 🥂
Wow
My journey is oppiste to you
I had 12 cards now 5
Added anex plat and MRCC ( will close second one )
So should have 4 cards from 12 by next year

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have 9 active cards (in 2023 got au zenith,indus legend/pinnacle(shared limit),same goes for icici coral rupay/rubyx(shared limit on existing cards)

None

None.

Plan for 2024

Stable income(2023 has been a biggest blot in my life,learnt never to trust anyone with regards to monetary terms.Lost 27L so current focus is to clear that).

Consolidation of existing CC and get it upgraded.(ICICI and Citi have me stuck bottom rung)

IDFC Wealth CC/Bank account

Axis Burgundy Account

BOB Eterna.

Au Zenith,Icici Coral