• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

2023 Credit Card Review: Milestones, Achievements, and Plans for 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello TFCians,

It's December 25, 2023. We are just 6 days away from 2024. 2023 was full of action when it comes to credit cards. We have seen many credit cards go from being one of the best in India to almost useless, and we have also witnessed some extraordinary credit card launches in 2023. Let's discuss some personal milestones for the year, such as how many credit card accounts you opened, how many you closed, the amount of rewards you managed to earn (if you are comfortable sharing), the best deal you enjoyed using a credit card, which credit card you mainly use, your memorable purchase using a credit card, the trips you completed using credit card points, and your plans for 2024.

Let me share mine:

How many credit cards I have added in 2023 and how many I have closed?
I had 42 credit cards back in December 2022, and now I have 57, and closed 8 credit cards, so I have added 23 new credit cards in 2023.

The amount of rewards you managed to earn?
Before closing my Axis Magnus and Reserve, I managed to accumulate approximately 27.10 Lakhs EDGE Points in 2023. Accumulated Approximately 10 Lakhs MR Points in 2023. Accumulated 2.23 Lakhs ICICI Bank Credit Card reward points. Managed to get 2.8 Lakhs HDFC Infinia reward points. Managed to get 10 Lakhs Yes Private reward points. Also managed to get approx 1.58 Lakhs CV Points, 4 Business class tickets, and 4 Premium Economy class tickets using Vistara co-branded cards.

Your memorable purchase using a credit card?
Purchased a car using a credit card without paying any MDR fees.

The trips you completed using credit card points?
Almost all my domestic flights and hotels were sponsored by credit card rewards in 2023. All were mainly business/work trips. Took 28 flights in 2023, all were domestic flights.

Plan for 2024
Have booked 3 international trips so far, planning to visit 7 to 8 countries in 2024. And the main plan is to accumulate more rewards in 2024 than in 2023.

Which credit card did you use mainly?
I mainly used Axis Reserve, Magnus, Atlas, HDFC Infinia, Yes Private, ICICI Emeralde, Amex Plat Travel, MRCC, Gold Charge, SBI Cashback, SBI Vistara Prime, Axis Vistara Infinite, and maybe a few more cards.

Don't forget to share your yearly review!

20231225_195857.jpg

Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy New Year 2024
Cheers 🥂

Last edited:

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Usually I don't apply for each and every LTF cards in the market. I try to get max rewards from least number of cards. Below cards cover all my spends with good rewards.

1. SBI Cashback LTF
2. HDFC Millenia LTF
3. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity LTF
4. ICICI Apay
5. ICICI Coral LTF
Great Collection 🤩

So basically you convert sbi card LTF only

• Hehe
Reactions: R@J

souvikr

TF Premier
Great Collection 🤩

So basically you convert sbi card LTF only
Both cashback and millenia was not LTF when I got them. Got Neu infinity and Coral as LTF by luck.

Also I got 2 times card upgrade from HDFC in 2023. Freedom paid -> MB+ paid -> Millenia Paid(Converted to LTF later). It was bigger struggle compared to making sbi cashback LTF.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
C
2023: Year in Review

How many credit cards I have added in 2023 and how many I have closed?

I had around 14 credit cards back in December 2022, and now I have 23, and closed 1 card. I added 10 cards in 2023.

The amount of rewards you managed to earn?

Close to 250,000 points on Amex and 39,000 Edge miles on Axis, 15,000 CV points and 3,000 on DCB.

Your memorable purchase using a credit card?

Purchased an engagement ring using credit card.

The trips you completed using credit card points?

Took 50+ flights and spent 44 nights in hotel this year. Crazy hectic year TBH. My trips to Poland, Guwahati and Shillong were funded using points and vouchers.

Plan for 2024:

Planned a domestic vacation fully funded through points and vouchers in the early days of 2024. Can expect one big trip with family and a lavish honeymoon overseas in the latter part of 2024 subject to various factors.

Which credit cards did you use mainly?

Axis Atlas, Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Gold, SBI Vistara Prime, DCB
Congratulations walter bhai . For new beginning .i just hope u won't stop my powder supply 🤝. It will be tough for me in Jail

Last edited:

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Both cashback and millenia was not LTF when I got them. Got Neu infinity and Coral as LTF by luck.

Also I got 2 times card upgrade from HDFC in 2023. Freedom paid -> MB+ paid -> Millenia Paid(Converted to LTF later). It was bigger struggle compared to making sbi cashback LTF.
Niice! Curious - what proposition did you gave for converting SBI CB as LTF?

techt

TF Legend
Usually I don't apply for each and every LTF cards in the market. I try to get max rewards from least number of cards. Below cards cover all my spends with good rewards.

1. SBI Cashback LTF
2. HDFC Millenia LTF
3. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity LTF
4. ICICI Apay
5. ICICI Coral LTF
Isn't millennia redundant? As it's role can be played by sbi cashback card.

drshenoy

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Infinia - fee waived
HDFC Neu - fee waived
Magnus - fee waived
Kotak White Reserve - free
ICICI Sapphire Master & Amex - free
IDFC Select (2), wow - free
Yes first exclusive - free
One card - free
Citi Premier Miles - fee waived
Federal Celestia - free
BOB Energie - fee waived
Niyo - free
Amex Membership - closed
Amex Smart earn - closed
Axis My Zone - free
Axis Priority - fee waived

Active 17 now

Using Infinia, Magnus, One card (for payments less than 150), HDFC Neu for UPI, Energie for UPI and HPCL