• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

2023 Credit Card Review: Milestones, Achievements, and Plans for 2024

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello TFCians,

It's December 25, 2023. We are just 6 days away from 2024. 2023 was full of action when it comes to credit cards. We have seen many credit cards go from being one of the best in India to almost useless, and we have also witnessed some extraordinary credit card launches in 2023. Let's discuss some personal milestones for the year, such as how many credit card accounts you opened, how many you closed, the amount of rewards you managed to earn (if you are comfortable sharing), the best deal you enjoyed using a credit card, which credit card you mainly use, your memorable purchase using a credit card, the trips you completed using credit card points, and your plans for 2024.

Let me share mine:

How many credit cards I have added in 2023 and how many I have closed?
I had 42 credit cards back in December 2022, and now I have 57, and closed 8 credit cards, so I have added 23 new credit cards in 2023.

The amount of rewards you managed to earn?
Before closing my Axis Magnus and Reserve, I managed to accumulate approximately 27.10 Lakhs EDGE Points in 2023. Accumulated Approximately 10 Lakhs MR Points in 2023. Accumulated 2.23 Lakhs ICICI Bank Credit Card reward points. Managed to get 2.8 Lakhs HDFC Infinia reward points. Managed to get 10 Lakhs Yes Private reward points. Also managed to get approx 1.58 Lakhs CV Points, 4 Business class tickets, and 4 Premium Economy class tickets using Vistara co-branded cards.

Your memorable purchase using a credit card?
Purchased a car using a credit card without paying any MDR fees.

The trips you completed using credit card points?
Almost all my domestic flights and hotels were sponsored by credit card rewards in 2023. All were mainly business/work trips. Took 28 flights in 2023, all were domestic flights.

Plan for 2024
Have booked 3 international trips so far, planning to visit 7 to 8 countries in 2024. And the main plan is to accumulate more rewards in 2024 than in 2023.

Which credit card did you use mainly?
I mainly used Axis Reserve, Magnus, Atlas, HDFC Infinia, Yes Private, ICICI Emeralde, Amex Plat Travel, MRCC, Gold Charge, SBI Cashback, SBI Vistara Prime, Axis Vistara Infinite, and maybe a few more cards.

Don't forget to share your yearly review!

20231225_195857.jpg

Merry Christmas 🎄 & Happy New Year 2024
Cheers 🥂

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I had 20 Active Right Now so I have added 9 new credit cards in 2023 and closed 3 CC - IDFC Select,Axis FK,RBL Shoprite.

Amex MRCC - 42000 MR Redeemed Against 9 + 7 K Amazon Pay Voucher and Currently have 22,000 MR point, Infina - 20.3k Point, Citi Renewed Fees Twice, SBI Simplyclick - 1500 Amazon GV (Redeemed some 5000 SBI Reward Point), IDFC Wealth - 500 Amazon Voucher & 1500 Myntra GV & 750 Fk GV Which he never Claims From HDFC Moneyback So i been claiming it from past one year.

Brought AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (Lightning Cabl onee) in July 2023, Some 13880 RP From Infinia Point And Rest From CC.

None.

Plan for 2024
Not Thought of that till now. Hopefully At least one Domestic Trip using CC Point.

Infinia, Amex MRCC, SBI Cashback. IDFC Wealth (BOGO Only/-) Au Zenith (Cred Shopping for product less than 500/-) & One Single Movie Ticket.A

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Everyone is unique and have unique needs , we should learn from others to make our life better…
Which is pretty ironic thing to say on a forum dedicated to credit cards. Banks know that most people are not unique, their would be some unique who would milk the cards and some who would end up paying for the first group, but most won't be unique.

Sisyphus

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Earlier limit? Did anything special to make this happen?
The earlier limit was 3.9L (had an additional limit on the other older HDFC Card). Raised multiple escalations for Infinia from L1 to L4, was denied at all stages and multiple other channels. Finally the RM Decided the least he could do is push his cards team to re-evaluate credit limit using the latest ITR). Redistributed CL limit and added another 1.5L credit limit to bring it to 8L.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I had 20+ Active Right Now; have added 12+ new credit cards in 2023 and closed 5 CCs - SBI Aurum, Axis Vistara Infinite, Magnus, RBL SaveMax, IndusInd Legend.

Amex Trifecta- 1.38L MR + 2 TAJ vouchers. Infinia - 32K Points

Bought Volkswagen Virtus using HDFC Diners Black (now upgraded to Infinia) and IndusInd Indulge

None.

Plan for 2024
Close most of the non-sense credit cards

HDFC Diners Black, Amex MRCC, Gold Charge and Standard Chartered Cashback card