• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

💳 What was your first credit card transaction?

jade

TF Premier
My credit card experience is quite new. My first card was Axis MyZone which I got around August last year. My first order was from Swiggy. The order was worth around Rs 500. I don’t remember the exact figure. Of course I got Rs 120 off on that order

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ofcourse, getting a first credit card itself is a major step in finance journey for anybody. Not all people value and understand credit cards and they are misguided by myths.
Sorry brother, i don't feel emotional attachment towards a credit card, it's just a piece of plastic or metal (nowadays) that can serve the purpose of lending the money and pay it back..

jade

TF Premier
Credit card is not just about borrowing money. There is more to it. If not there won’t be a thread almost 100 pages long in this forum about ‘ bragging your credit cards’. Of course there are much more important things in life than a credit card.

However, this is a forum mostly about credit cards, so it is apt to have a thread on your first experience with your first credit card.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Ah memories!
  • Card: ABN Amro Smart Miles Gold Mastercard
  • Date: Sometime in July 2006
  • Amount: Don't remember (though I remember who I was with :))
  • Location: Friends Restaurant, BTM 1st Stage 20th main, Bangalore.

Sreerag

TF Premier
Card - ICICI Amazon Pay
Date - 09th September 2021
Amount - ₹799
Merchant - Amazon
Category - Shopping

I bought Amazon Prime for getting 5% as well as for Prime Video after getting some offer.

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
HDFC titanium card
Was in college 2012
First transaction was at a bar behind college. The bank used to send physical statements home, dad received the statement while I was at college, he went through it asked what’s this while pointing out, mom was in the room too, told dad they served good crabs there so went to have. Dad was like hmm interesting I should come too.