• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Just Rs 1 transaction to keep your credit card active

tuhin

TF Premier
I have several credit cards, but I am not using most of them. Recently, I have received alerts from a few of my banks that my account will be suspended if I am not using my card. Hence, I need your suggestion, on how to spend just Rs 1 to keep credit cards active.Thanks

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There are several cards which are not beneficial. I am sure most of the community members have such cards. We are not using those but we can't close else CIBIL will be ruined. Hence, it's better to spend Rs 1 & keep it active. I am not trolling any community here. Just asking for your honest suggestion.
So why don't you use them for actual transactions every few months? I can't understand all the bizzare solutions people are providing. Don't you ever buy groceries, have some coffee, eat out, buy fuel etc? Just use them for some small transaction of 100, 200 etc. Why does it have to be Rs1? Like you go to a small convenience store or a supermarket to buy a drink or a pack of chips. Use a card. You can carry one card with you for a few days till you have used it and then exchange it with another one and so on. I have 28 cards and have no issues using all once in a while.

hema220

TF Premier
So why don't you use them for actual transactions every few months? I can't understand all the bizzare solutions people are providing. Don't you ever buy groceries, have some coffee, eat out, buy fuel etc? Just use them for some small transaction of 100, 200 etc. Why does it have to be Rs1? Like you go to a small convenience store or a supermarket to buy a drink or a pack of chips. Use a card. You can carry one card with you for a few days till you have used it and then exchange it with another one and so on. I have 28 cards and have no issues using all once in a while.
Yes, I follow this actually. For small transactions below 200/-, cashback/reward rate is not a big issue. successfully using 14 cards.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have several credit cards, but I am not using most of them. Recently, I have received alerts from a few of my banks that my account will be suspended if I am not using my card. Hence, I need your suggestion, on how to spend just Rs 1 to keep credit cards active.Thanks
just pay a small bill or load a wallet or something..

techt

TF Legend
Mark this as best answer and close this thread.
Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

@D₹V do the honors.

girish3456

TF Premier
Make electricity bill 10 rupees from each card you have which were not daily usable cards

Reactions: SSV

bing1309

TF Premier
if you have a POS machine you can Try swiping a card for 1 rupee.. under POS terms for a swipe of 1 rupee you get the full 1 rupee to your account without deductions it contains 1 rupee as a testing basis for the merchant whether credit or debit works or not. so NO RED Flags keep a POS machine you are good to go. (also many banks gives for current account for free no charges for pos)

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
if you have a POS machine you can Try swiping a card for 1 rupee.. under POS terms for a swipe of 1 rupee you get the full 1 rupee to your account without deductions it contains 1 rupee as a testing basis for the merchant whether credit or debit works or not. so NO RED Flags keep a POS machine you are good to go. (also many banks gives for current account for free no charges for pos)
Why go to such lengths? Just pay for normal uasage once every few months. Buy some coffee at a cafe, some groceries at a supermarket, a bottle of water, etc.

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Buy 10rs Amazon gift voucher from Amazon and add it in wallet. Minimum amount is 10rs

deepcards

TF Premier
Don't think closing an account will matter that much for the Cibil score- if it's not the oldest card (and the difference between the oldest and 2nd oldest card's age is large).

ismail

TF Select
I follow reverse technique.. i pay the credit card some extra amount, maybe a 100 or 200Rs, so the balance turns positive. Am sure none of the credit card company can cancel a card with positive balance.
So just pay some 100 extra and forget about the card

deepcards

TF Premier
I follow reverse technique.. i pay the credit card some extra amount, maybe a 100 or 200Rs, so the balance turns positive. Am sure none of the credit card company can cancel a card with positive balance.
So just pay some 100 extra and forget about the card
Same was the case with my RBL credit card, but they reduced the limit from around 1.5 lacs to 32k.!!