• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Federal bank excel saving account

Tarun239

TF Premier
Anyone using federal bank saving account? How is their Fed excel saving account, any annual debit card charges, etc. Plz share ur experience with federal bank.

Solution
I have been using this type of account since 2016 so I am answering your question:

1. Debit Card Charges are too high at present, hence I cancelled my card though you will not face any obstacle as the Fed Bank system is fully integrated with Mobile OTP & Aadhar Based UPI PIN setup.
2. My own Branch experience is overall good they are giving me privileged service most of the time but I can't say always.
3. My Banking experience with Fed Bank is not bad at all, their system is not problematic, and I didn't experience any major downtime.
4. Customer Service (Email/Phone) is an average, feeling like another PSB.
5. You will get a preapproved Lifetime free credit card if you maintain a good relationship with this bank.
6. I had asked for...

tuhin

TF Premier
I have been using this type of account since 2016 so I am answering your question:

1. Debit Card Charges are too high at present, hence I cancelled my card though you will not face any obstacle as the Fed Bank system is fully integrated with Mobile OTP & Aadhar Based UPI PIN setup.
2. My own Branch experience is overall good they are giving me privileged service most of the time but I can't say always.
3. My Banking experience with Fed Bank is not bad at all, their system is not problematic, and I didn't experience any major downtime.
5. You will get a preapproved Lifetime free credit card if you maintain a good relationship with this bank.
6. I had asked for Rupay Platinum DC instead of Visa One but my branch couldn't manage this request.

Overall I would rate this bank as 7/10. Please keep in mind, that this is one of the oldest private sector banks hence people are holding old mindsets. If you bank with them sometimes these people will remind you of Fed Bank as another PSB. If you are getting any better alternative you can use that one first else you may prefer Fed Bank. Though, it's better than IDFC any day. Thanks

Solution

Tarun239

TF Premier

6. I had asked for Rupay Platinum DC instead of Visa One but my branch couldn't manage this request.

Overall I would rate this bank as 7/10. Please keep in mind, that this is one of the oldest private sector banks hence people are holding old mindsets. If you bank with them sometimes these people will remind you of Fed Bank as another PSB. If you are getting any better alternative you can use that one first else you may prefer Fed Bank. Though, it's better than IDFC any day. Thanks
Thanks a lot, what are the debit card charges, any other charges, plz tell.

Tarun239

TF Premier
Why are you not checking the scheduled charges section? I can remember it's Rs 300+ . This account variant mostly can give you a Visa Platinum one & Fed Bank doesn't provide any extra offer hence such charges are unnecessary. Thanks
Thanks, actually saw the schedule of charges, actually in other banks debit card charges vary according to account variant, there is no clarity on debit card charges on fed excel account, hence I have asked. Thanks you have answered most of my queries. My sole purpose of opening a fed excel account, is to get their credit card, I have tried multiple times, it keeps getting declined. Although I am myself not in favour of opening an account just for credit card, but being a credit card enthusiastic and just to complete collection from all top banks, need this one.

tuhin

TF Premier
Thanks, actually saw the schedule of charges, actually in other banks debit card charges vary according to account variant, there is no clarity on debit card charges on fed excel account, hence I have asked. Thanks you have answered most of my queries. My sole purpose of opening a fed excel account, is to get their credit card, I have tried multiple times, it keeps getting declined. Although I am myself not in favour of opening an account just for credit card, but being a credit card enthusiastic and just to complete collection from all top banks, need this one.
You will get below variant:

Attachments

• 1713806284058.png
    1713806284058.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 28