• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank communication address change by self declaration only as per RBI?

xfactcc

TF Premier
Dear members,

I have been meaning to change my communication address in my bank for which I do not have proof, i.e., newly rented. I want to keep the permanent address unchanged which was added via KYC proof during account opening.

I spoke to two banks one PSB and one pvt both said standard proof required for communication address change.

However I have come across this RBI circular dated June 9, 2014 here
which says in paragraph 2.b. "In case the proof of address furnished by the customer is not the local address or address where the customer is currently residing, the bank may take a declaration of the local address on which all correspondence will be made by the bank with the customer. No proof is required to be submitted for such address for correspondence/local address. This address may be verified by the bank through ‘positive confirmation’ such as acknowledgment of receipt of (i) letter, cheque books, ATM cards; (ii) telephonic conversation; (iii) visits; etc. In the event of change in this address due to relocation or any other reason, customers may intimate the new address for correspondence to the bank within two weeks of such a change."

Please advice what does this mean, are the banks playing safe by not following it?

I think a solution to these will help many who have move around frequently.

Thank you.

Last edited:
IndusInd

Yesterday, , I updated my correspondence address in the App in IndusInd account without any proof..
steps
1) update address under services
2) Aadhar option
3) enter otp
4) modify the address which was auto populated
5) agree to the declaration that current address is different to Aadhar address
6) Submit

Voila , updated address is now part of banks official communication address.

It was instant...

1710161299772.png
can i use indusind statement for Passport as an address proof ?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
For passport u have to chnge aadhar
For that u have to chnge bank address .

For that u have to choose bank which will give u passbook

Or for statement u have to
Take out .
Stick ur picture then have a bank stamp

Then it can be used for address chnge in aadhar ..

Passport verification - u have to verify address with police too when police verification happens

Tejo

TF Legend
Icici u can do it online
For hdfc try their new portal ..

Going branch is hassle ..icici are most uneducated knowledge less arrogant bastards
Not branch, online cs too

Today opened Overdraft, the account was not updated in my netbanking, agent told to utilise by visiting br. without thinking a sec

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Not branch, online cs too

Today opened Overdraft, the account was not updated in my netbanking, agent told to utilise by visiting br. without thinking a sec
Idfc will give me pre approved offer based on my current address right ??

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If bank statement is allowed for passport then IndusInd is perfectly alright . Otherwise
1) Go to nearest Aadhar centre
2) change your Aadhar address using IndusInd bank statement address
3) Aadhar address will be changed within one / two days max..( if you do Aadhar address update online, then time lines may vary from one week to one month)
4) use Aadhar as your passport address