• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Au bank VKYC weird experience

asahi

TF Premier
Normally vkyc I got accustomed was: ask dob mail etc for verification & then show pan & aadhar then sign that’s it.
Au bank:
1.no matter what I’m not allowed to show Aadhar,
2.multiple times she keeps on repeating same questions even though i answered at the very 1st time, still she keep on asking same questions & i’ve to answer the same again & again
3.i’ve to explain clearly for What purpose I’m opening this account, i’ve to explain crystal clearly
4. She asked do i have any other bank accounts then i’ve to explain about them
5. She asked, me to show my house around for some reason
6. Biggest shocker: she questioned why I’m using iCloud mail instead of gmail. So i’ve to explain why I’m using iCloud mail to her instead of gmail, what the hell man.
7. She asked me where I’m working my salary my designation & also nature of work & my company field of work(it’s just savings account man)
8. Idk why but for some reason she keep on repeating don’t use this account for other reasons

9. She enquired whether i read terms & conditions of bank, how i got to know about Au bank
10. At last she shared a mail & asked me to give feedback about our interaction. I’ll definitely give once my account is opened

Believe it or not at no point its seemed like a account opening call, it seemed like i was being questioned for my life choices it’s seems more like a grilling

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Normally vkyc I got accustomed was: ask dob mail etc for verification & then show pan & aadhar then sign that’s it.
Au bank:
2.multiple times she keeps on repeating same questions even though i answered at the very 1st time, still she keep on asking same questions & i’ve to answer the same again & again
3.i’ve to explain clearly for What purpose I’m opening this account, i’ve to explain crystal clearly
6. Biggest shocker: she questioned why I’m using iCloud mail instead of gmail. So i’ve to explain why I’m using iCloud mail to her instead of gmail, what the hell man.
7. She asked me where I’m working my salary my designation & also nature of work & my company field of work(it’s just savings account man)
8. Idk why but for some reason she keep on repeating don’t use this account for other reasons

9. She enquired whether i read terms & conditions of bank, how i got to know about Au bank
10. At last she shared a mail & asked me to give feedback about our interaction. I’ll definitely give once my account is opened

Believe it or not at no point its seemed like a account opening call, it seemed like i was being questioned for my life choices it’s seems more like a grilling
My application for their CC was rejected twice , on office verification even without visiting the office!!

I can only imagine why they are doing this…like below:

As they are very small bank and they want to sustain for longer period in the business and hence can’t afford even a small failure in any type of relationship.. they want to take very cautious approach in everything they do and be conservative… this is their way of doing business irrespective of its consequences..
I don’t find any fault with them.. it’s their philosophy, if we like it we will continue our journey with them if not it’s up to us..
At least they have demonstrated their consistency in their approach…

This is my take on them

Au bank:
1.no matter what I’m not allowed to show Aadhar, (New govt directive Adhar cannot be shared unless FIRST 8 DIGITS ARE BLURRED; rules differs from institution to institution)
2.multiple times she keeps on repeating same questions even though i answered at the very 1st time, still she keep on asking same questions & i’ve to answer the same again & again (Its just job hazard & Call executive is bound to go by the employer GIVEN SCRIPT for recording & confirmation/consent purposes as its vKYC vs WRIITEN FORM)
3.i’ve to explain clearly for What purpose I’m opening this account, i’ve to explain crystal clearly (STANDARD questions & standard ANSWER AS USUAL i.e. put money in bank for safety vs under pepal ka tree which might get destroyed or stolen.)
4. She asked do i have any other bank accounts then i’ve to explain about them (U could have opted out by saying I am not required to divulge such info citing financial privacy & unclear disclosure from bank about how and what & with whom they going to store and share that information)
5. She asked, me to show my house around for some reason (U could have opted out by saying I am not required to divulge such info citing personal privacy and privacy and safety of family members and guest from whom who dont have express consent to film)
6. Biggest shocker: she questioned why I’m using iCloud mail instead of gmail. So i’ve to explain why I’m using iCloud mail to her instead of gmail, what the hell man. (These days a lot of neo banks / fin tech apps e.g. One Card etc using Google GMAIL API to data mine legally; as such other email providers are headache for them. Again U could have opted out by saying I am not required to divulge such info citing freedom of choice & personal information privacy)

STANDARD questions & standard ANSWER AS USUAL but they dont need any proof of that. Even on written online or offline forms u make have to provide that. Not required but they make sure to data mine from the start so that they canbombard you with preapproved credit offers to you in future. Again I agree with u as its unecessary but these days banking is not about financial inclusion instead its about data mining and most banks do it.
8. Idk why but for some reason she keep on repeating don’t use this account for other reasons (Govt allows one basic e+vKYC account per user and that too for personal usage. As such could be the reason that she insisted on keeping it PERSONAL.
9. At last she shared a mail & asked me to give feedback about our interaction. I’ll definitely give once my account is opened ( A lot of things happened in your case but as per my opinion SHOWING AROUND THE HOUSE WAS UNNECESSARY UNLESS YOU HAD LIGHTING ISSUE & she was asking to move somewhere else & that event got lost in translation )

If she could ask you all then at least you could have asker her email or phone for Research & Development purposes only. U know DEDICATED RELATIONSHIP CUSTOMER :)

Last edited:

Anonymous ツ

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Au bank:

Are you sure the call was regarding the account opening?

I think it was an Interview call for a job opening in AU bank.

asahi

TF Premier
Also coming to why I’m opening this au saving account question! My answer: for day to day activities, but she’s not satisfied with that answer, she wants me to clearly explain how i will I use this account, so i was fed up & said: suppose if i ate breakfast at a restaurant i use your bank account to pay the restaurant bill via upi etc etc. then she convinced

see when I resisted to show my house around, she clearly said it’s important to show the house otherwise she said we can’t proceed further, so what I’m supposed to do
Yep accountabilty & responsibilty is hardly traceable in both govt and private entities in India.
So if you complain then often you dont have proper channels nor proper corrective response to mend the issues raised.

You can raise a feedback/complaint etc as to why bank needs to have a tour of the HOUSE. (upto you on how you tackle priorities as you cannot correct everyone in this world)

Apart from that it is a RED FLAG and i will ask to take ur business somehere else where you are more appreciated.

Finally if someone faces the same issue they can pause the vKYC and end it & request to do kyc later as they are not comfortable.

No need to bend to such illogical requests.

Also coming to why I’m opening this au saving account question! My answer: for day to day activities, but she’s not satisfied with that answer, she wants me to clearly explain how i will I use this account, so i was fed up & said: suppose if i ate breakfast at a restaurant i use your bank account to pay the restaurant bill via upi etc etc. then she convinced
May be the agent had turu lov at 1st sight and is willing to risk it all to chase the man of her dreams.
Basically asking for a date at resturant : u know wine & dine & netflix & chill.

It is new method of kyc where by agents gotta make sure the customer can spend & so she be doing a hard enquiry to assess the spend analysis per month and send a preapproved CC limit with eligible automated LE for future

Last edited:

Anonymous ツ

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I hope you are not cooking things.. agar ye mere saath hota to m Call cut karta vahi pr.. 😄

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Normally vkyc I go accustomed was: ask dob mail etc for verification & then show pan & aadhar then sign that’s it.
Au bank:

9. At last she shared a mail & asked me to give feedback about our interaction. I’ll definitely give once my account is opened
This is the usual in AU. They are very strict in vkyc and other verifications. Other than the 5th and 6th point had same experience. If a student is opening acc, they won't open unless you have a ID card of your college/institute. They made me wait 10min on live video call while he was talking to his senior regarding this and asked not to cut the call and then asked to initial funding of 2k live on call.

prc1990

TF Ace
Au bank:

Did she ask about your marital status? 🤭🤭🤭

Last edited: