• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Account Closure Help

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi, I have an account in Yes Bank which I'm not using anymore. It is a kind of 3 in 1 account which comes with Demat. I went to the branch and asked the manager to close my account. He said that "he has to request the form first for my Demat closure before the account will be closed." It's been two weeks already and he keeps on saying this thing, probably delaying until I finally give up.

Is this common in India during account closure that bank personnel will try to hold you back and make excuses? Any advice on what to do in such situation? This is getting frustrating and irritating.

I would appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks.

Solution
Hi, I have an account in Yes Bank which I'm not using anymore. It is a kind of 3 in 1 account which comes with Demat. I went to the branch and asked the manager to close my account. He said that "he has to request the form first for my Demat closure before the account will be closed." It's been two weeks already and he keeps on saying this thing, probably delaying until I finally give up.

Is this common in India during account closure that bank personnel will try to hold you back and make excuses? Any advice on what to do in such situation? This is getting frustrating and irritating.

Mail them about your issue. If you don't receive a satisfactory response, mail to the next...

TF Ace
TF Family

Mail them about your issue. If you don't receive a satisfactory response, mail to the next level!

Level 1: yestouch@yesbank.in
Level 2: head.grievanceredressal@yesbank.in
Level 3: principal.nodalofficer@yesbank.in

Solution

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
[UPDATE] The nodal officer replied to my email and later that day, the bank manager called me and get the papers signed.

[UPDATE] New Update. It's been several months and my account is still open. In the past, the bank manager promised that the account closure would be handled within a week upon my response to the nodal officer. However, no such action was taken, and all I received were excuses. I've reached out to the nodal officer once again but received no response. It's now been two weeks since my last message. I'm at a loss and could use some advice on where or how to escalate this issue further.

L
[UPDATE] New Update. It's been several months and my account is still open. In the past, the bank manager promised that the account closure would be handled within a week upon my response to the nodal officer. However, no such action was taken, and all I received were excuses. I've reached out to the nodal officer once again but received no response. It's now been two weeks since my last message. I'm at a loss and could use some advice on where or how to escalate this issue further.
Lodge a complain with RBI