• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wrong loan entry by Indian Bank

arnalghosh88

TF Premier
Hello, upon checking I see a wrong business loan of 50k is showing on my father's cibil report(Checked from amazon and onescore).
48800rs is current outstanding of that loan, which caused a sudden drop of 100points of cibil score.
When I contacted indian bank via twitter, they told me to contact cibil.
I have heard before that a wrong loan entry can be removed by the respective bank only.Should I raise a complaint against Indian bank on Rbi portal?
Please help.

Attachments

• image_picker1750716830950823909.jpg
    image_picker1750716830950823909.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 27

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Raise a dispute from Cibil using control number
Once done , share that dispute raised with Indian bank on mail/Twitter and ask them to resolve that discrepancy urgently , if Indian bank fails to provide any resolution then within 30 days complain to RBI

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Raising dispute with CIBIL will not help (in 99.99% cases).
email or file written complaint to your nearest branch of Indian Bank with your latest cibil report attached. if they don't solve the issue within 30 days after your complaint, you can escalate the issue with the RBI.

Pradeepbansal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
you should never approach CIBIL directly. banks by asking their customers to approach CIBIL directly are essentially shedding off their responsibility to resolve the matter. you should complaint to bank to resolve the issue as its the bank who has reported the data to CIBIL and its their responsibility to get it corrected. even if CIBIL has made a wrong entry or anything like that, then also its the bank's responsibility since only the bank has the right data to get it corrected. if bank is not able to do so, then file a complaint with RBI ombudsman with all the proof. Also, try to stay away from third party websites for doing CIBIL check as often either its an old report or it may even be obtained by some other means by these websites which is more harmful for you only. Better to take subscription of CIBIL if you use it regularly or just generate fresh report whenever its needed.

arnalghosh88

TF Premier
thanks all for suggestions.
Finally, cibil has removed that wrong loan entry from indian bank aftet raising multiple complaints on cibil website and cibil aslo send the latest report via email for confirmation.