• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wrong credit enquiries by ICICI bank. How do I remove them?

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hello,
I can see 2 enquiries in my report by ICICI bank which doesn’t make sense. I tried to apply for a savings account online today & there was some technical issue with the website, hence I called their helpline & somehow it got transferred to their loan department. I told the executive very clearly that I’m not looking for any loan & he transferred my call to accounts department. I was shocked to see this loan enquiry on my report today. Also, there seems to be another enquiry for credit card, which am not aware of.
Please suggest how to remove these enquiries as I don’t want my credit score to decline unnecessarily.

@StanRoute66 @TechnoFino please help

prabanomics

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The steps which worked :
1st Feb - I messaged them on twitter and got an assurance from them that the issue will be resolved 'soon'
Following is the message which I sent :-
"On 21st January 2023, I tried applying for an ICICI MMT credit card but other than the credit card enquiry ICICI Bank has wrongly added a 'Personal Loan' enquiry in my CIBIL profile. Please get this corrected. I've never ever applied for any personal loan in my life."

3rd Feb - I received an email from care@icicibank, they asked for my CIBIL report with control number (in less than 200kb)
On 3rd, 6th, 8th , 13th, 15th they sent me emails telling me that the resolution date had been postponed.
I replied to these mails with an RBI threat on 15th but on same day I got a response from them that it was again postponed to 17th.

Then I sent the following message to them on twitter, got an assurance call from them:-
"The resolution dates has been changed from 6th Feb to 8th Feb to 10th Feb and then changed to 15 Feb. There is no transparency and your team is just postponing the resolution of this complaint. If the resolution this complaint is postponed further then I'll be forced to raise a grievance with PNO and RBI."

On 17th Feb I finally got an email that the enquiry suppression request was sent to all bureaus and it would take 10 days to get it updated.
Thanks for detailed post.. I am in the same situation now.. they have asked me full cibil report.. is it safe to share ? Also a noob query... how did you convert cibil report to less than 200kb !

irajnish

TF Buzz
Thanks for detailed post.. I am in the same situation now.. they have asked me full cibil report.. is it safe to share ? Also a noob query... how did you convert cibil report to less than 200kb !
Use any android app to compressed pdf file.
Don't forget to remove password.

About the safety, even I thought twice before mailing the credit report to them but I had no option.

panu24

TF Ace
Yes it is safe to share full report. It will take some time but enquiry will get removed. If you send full cibil report in initial email only the enquiry removal process will take less days.