• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

will bank pay me my accrued Interest Credit if I close my account?

zomato

TF Premier
as the title suggest: I have almost 1k in interest accrued and thinking to close the account, will bank pay me that? my initial thoughts are that they won't, can someone tell me what will they do? or should I just wait for some weeks?

DarthYoda

TF Premier
as the title suggest: I have almost 1k in interest accrued and thinking to close the account, will bank pay me that? my initial thoughts are that they won't, can someone tell me what will they do? or should I just wait for some weeks?
Yes, tell them to transfer it to your other account and they will do it happily.
In statement it will show ACT - account closure Transaction.
PS - i transferred in my other account in the same bank.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Yes it will be done automatically, just provide you other acc details

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Of course, yes. When you give closure request, they will manually calculate the interest accrued till then and give it to you by cheque and close the account. Some banks will do NEFT if you give an alternate account number.

kjs

TF Premier
They will send a DD on registered address , dont wry they will not keep your single penny on account closure. In my case BOB calculated intrest just before closing account and asked me to tranfer to some other account thru UPI & in case of axis they sent me a DD on my address.

zomato

TF Premier
They will send a DD on registered address , dont wry they will not keep your single penny on account closure. In my case BOB calculated intrest just before closing account and asked me to tranfer to some other account thru UPI & in case of axis they sent me a DD on my address.
there are account closure charges for this variant

zomato

TF Premier
Of course, yes. When you give closure request, they will manually calculate the interest accrued till then and give it to you by cheque and close the account. Some banks will do NEFT if you give an alternate account number.
will have to go to branch for all this right? :) if my RM can come to my place for signatures on FD forms and other things can he come for this too? 🫣

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What is the difference between interest accrued and interest paid in the FD interest certificate ?
1712930640887.png
For example, i downloaded my certificate, in above scenario, we should take both the sum of interest amount and accrued amount as interest income. ?
Are you talking about including in ITR?
If so you need to add both and declare it as total interest income…

Interest paid: means this is the amount that was earned and paid into your account during the last FY

Interest accrued : this is the amount that was earned up to March 31st but still not yet paid into the account