• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which credit cards show itemized cash backs?

harisund

TF Buzz
Currently, I have the amazon ICICI card, which in the online portal tells me how much cash back I am earning for every transaction.

I also have the axis flipkart card, and I am not able to find anywhere which transaction has earned me how much cash back. Some times, when I buy on Swiggy it does not show up as "Swiggy", and my personal calculation at the end of the month never matches what is credited back to my account as cash back. Of course, I am taking exactly 1.5% of every generic transaction, 4% of every Swiggy transaction etc and they are probably aggressively rounding down, but nevertheless, sometimes I feel like i don't even get the 4% back on all of my swiggy transactions alone (Also, sometimes Swiggy transactions show up as BUNDL or something and I don't know if I am still getting 4% on those or not. When I originally got the card I used to get SMS for every swiggy transaction saying "Congratulations you have got 4% on your most recent transaction of <so and so> Rs, but I don't get those now, so I am kind of lost.

Given that, how are the SBI Cashback and Axis Ace/Airtel cards? Do they actually show you how much cash back you earned? If you return an item and/or otherwise get a refund, do they show a negative value against cash back earned (like it does in my icici portal?)

How about Tata Neu Infinity (primarily for the UPI rupay cash back)

I am thinking of applying for the cards among the list above but I would like to know ahead of time if cash back calculation will be easier or what.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Currently, I have the amazon ICICI card, which in the online portal tells me how much cash back I am earning for every transaction.

I also have the axis flipkart card, and I am not able to find anywhere which transaction has earned me how much cash back. Some times, when I buy on Swiggy it does not show up as "Swiggy", and my personal calculation at the end of the month never matches what is credited back to my account as cash back. Of course, I am taking exactly 1.5% of every generic transaction, 4% of every Swiggy transaction etc and they are probably aggressively rounding down, but nevertheless, sometimes I feel like i don't even get the 4% back on all of my swiggy transactions alone (Also, sometimes Swiggy transactions show up as BUNDL or something and I don't know if I am still getting 4% on those or not. When I originally got the card I used to get SMS for every swiggy transaction saying "Congratulations you have got 4% on your most recent transaction of <so and so> Rs, but I don't get those now, so I am kind of lost.

Given that, how are the SBI Cashback and Axis Ace/Airtel cards? Do they actually show you how much cash back you earned? If you return an item and/or otherwise get a refund, do they show a negative value against cash back earned (like it does in my icici portal?)

How about Tata Neu Infinity (primarily for the UPI rupay cash back)

I am thinking of applying for the cards among the list above but I would like to know ahead of time if cash back calculation will be easier or what.
You can call customer care & ask about specific transaction/merchant in previous statements to know how much cashback you got on those merchants.

Once you confirmed with these, you can stop doing txn at OTP page when you see merchant name with less cashback.

RajeshV

TF Premier
Amz CC & Axis FK CC stmt has a separate column showing txn-wise cashback earned
TN CC stmt also has this but does not show for UPI based txn and TN-verse txn. These are clubbed at the bottom of the stmt.
Axis Airtel stmt only show total earned
What's TN CC?

Edit: Ah, realized it's Tata Neu... Nvm.

Last edited:

RajeshV

TF Premier
Axis Ace also shows transaction-wise cashback. HDFC Millennia gives a rate-wise summary (total) table at the end. SBI Cashback gives only the total.

And yes, Flipkart Axis and Axis Ace show the cashbackback value for refunds also.

Edit: Wait, you don't see the CB amount on Axis Flipkart? Are you talking about the app or in the statement? The statement shows complete details.

harisund

TF Buzz
Thanks for the replies folks !

> Wait, you don't see the CB amount on Axis Flipkart? Are you talking about the app or in the statement? The statement shows complete details.

whoa I wasn't even aware of this, yeah the statement shows complete details. God they round down everything, I am losing so much cash back because they round down everything. It looks like I have gotten the full 1.5% / 4% on very few transactions. Insane. And I see a few transactions where I don't have any cashback too! Need to find out why not.

> Axis Ace also shows transaction-wise cashback. HDFC Millennia gives a rate-wise summary (total) table at the end. SBI Cashback gives only the total.

Good to know, thank you.

> TN CC stmt also has this but does not show for UPI based txn and TN-verse txn. These are clubbed at the bottom of the stmt.
ugh I hate the clubbing thing :( Same I see in HDFC too, very annoying.

> You can call customer care & ask about specific transaction/merchant in previous statements to know how much cashback you got on those merchants.
> Once you confirmed with these, you can stop doing txn at OTP page when you see merchant name with less cashback.

Yeah thanks, will keep this in mind

RajeshV

TF Premier
whoa I wasn't even aware of this, yeah the statement shows complete details. God they round down everything, I am losing so much cash back because they round down everything. It looks like I have gotten the full 1.5% / 4% on very few transactions. Insane. And I see a few transactions where I don't have any cashback too! Need to find out why not.
Ace and Millennia usually give rounded off cashback. SBI Cashback is also rounded down and then some (1%+4% formula s**t).
ugh I hate the clubbing thing Same I see in HDFC too, very annoying.
Tata Neu CC is HDFC.

harisund

TF Buzz
> Ace and Millennia usually give rounded off cashback. SBI Cashback is also rounded down and then some (1%+4% formula s**t).

That sucks, but oh well can't do anything about it I guess

> Tata Neu CC is HDFC.
Yeah I am aware, no choice there too. Right now, I do not have _any_ Rupay UPI CC, so all my UPI payments are coming straight from my bank account regardless of whether they are p2p, p2pm or p2m payments. I would like to change that, and figured Tata Neu with rounded down cash back is still better than no cash back, which is what I am currently getting.

> Tata Neu is rounded UP : FYI

That's good to hear. Still, better than my current all-UPI-goes-through-bank-account-with-no-cash-back alternative.

@harisund TN-HDFC Rupay + Payzapp is a good option. Real ease of use plus in addition to TN pts you may also get some PZ pts. However, more and more tradders are blocking CC-UPI payment. Also, for some reason, some UPI payments do not give any TN pts. Yet to work out the logic.
Where CC-UPI is not accepted, I normally use Amazon wallet upi. Has ease of use and bank stmt is not cluttered. Amz also gives some offers every now and then. Also works as a security layer between bank acct..

harisund

TF Buzz
> However, more and more tradders are blocking CC-UPI payment
Yes! I have started to notice too. I understand from various places that technically below Rs. 2000 on rupay credit card there are no MDR fees for merchants and they lose nothing but they go ahead and disable it anyway (Biggest ones I have noticed personally are IRCTC and Decathlon!!)

> Also, for some reason, some UPI payments do not give any TN pts.
ah man this sucks, one of the sole reasons I am thinking of getting TataNeu is for the 1.5% generic UPI cash back :D