• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Credit Card should I use?

I have to book flight tickets for a family function for 7-10 people. Which is the card that I should use for maximum rewards and cashback

At the moment I am planning to split the purchase into different websites so I can use different card offers in all the websites

Is there a better way to do it to get maximum discount or what I am doing is correct?

I have the following cards

SBI SimpliClick
RBL Bajaj
Axis Flipkart
Axis IOCL
Axis Myzone
IDFC Millenia
BoB Easy
HDFC Neu Plus
HDFC Shoppers Stop
IndusInd Legend
Kotak League
HSBC Platinum
RBL Shoprite
OneCard
ICICI MMT
ICICI Amazon Pay

helloworld

TF Legend
w.d.r you have to upgrade to better cards because except 2 or 3 cards in this list, none of them provide any benefits.

I get that we choose them because LTF, or only for offers but I do not see any reason to use them anywhere, be it lack of rewards, benefits etc. and unless we spend on them they won't upgrade just like that.

Anyway, your options (IMO) are:
amzn pay - 2% in amzn
fl.kart - 5% in fl.kart
shopperstop - 5% smartbuy

But better approach (IMO) would be, try to use this spends in a card where you want to upgrade higher one in that bank (ex: spend on shopperstop and upgrade to regalia/millennia by showing these spends).

Obviously, this has drawbacks
- you get less rewards/cashback now
- need time and able to convince the bank to upgrade (but possible)

And a note (ignore if irrelevant), using multiple cards for multiple purchases especially reward cards not beneficial because we won't be able to accumulate required reward points by the time they expire or loose the extra benefits that may provide other cards, just a note.

Last edited:

knight

TF Ace
Agree with @helloworld here.
Even before reading his reply i was looking at your cards and couldn't find a single useful card in the list.
best option you have is smartbuy.. that also would have a limit of 1000. (check for your card)

next you have flipkart. I'll let other members confirm if it gives 5% on flights as I haven't used it.

last would be Amz for 2%.

But more than worrying about 2-5%, I'd recommend you check MMT, Cleartrip, Yatra, EMT, ibibo, google flights for Bank-card offers.. and BEST PRICES.

zaid_2913

TF Premier
I have to book flight tickets for a family function for 7-10 people. Which is the card that I should use for maximum rewards and cashback

At the moment I am planning to split the purchase into different websites so I can use different card offers in all the websites

Is there a better way to do it to get maximum discount or what I am doing is correct?

I have the following cards

SBI SimpliClick
RBL Bajaj
Axis Flipkart
Axis IOCL
Axis Myzone
IDFC Millenia
BoB Easy
HDFC Neu Plus
HDFC Shoppers Stop
IndusInd Legend
Kotak League
HSBC Platinum
RBL Shoprite
OneCard
ICICI MMT
ICICI Amazon Pay
Answer is there in your query itself, use 10% off offers in different websites.
Hsbc in goibibo-10% off plus no cost emi
Amazon pay in easemytrip- 10% off
Sbi in mmt- 10% off

Anyway, your options (IMO) are:
amzn pay - 2% in amzn
fl.kart - 5% in fl.kart
shopperstop - 5% smartbuy

But better approach (IMO) would be, try to use this spends in a card where you want to upgrade higher one in that bank (ex: spend on shopperstop and upgrade to regalia/millennia by showing these spends).

Obviously, this has drawbacks
- you get less rewards/cashback now
- need time and able to convince the bank to upgrade (but possible)
Even before reading his reply i was looking at your cards and couldn't find a single useful card in the list.
best option you have is smartbuy.. that also would have a limit of 1000. (check for your card)

next you have flipkart. I'll let other members confirm if it gives 5% on flights as I haven't used it.

last would be Amz for 2%.

But more than worrying about 2-5%, I'd recommend you check MMT, Cleartrip, Yatra, EMT, ibibo, google flights for Bank-card offers.. and BEST PRICES.

Answer is there in your query itself, use 10% off offers in different websites.
Hsbc in goibibo-10% off plus no cost emi
Amazon pay in easemytrip- 10% off
Sbi in mmt- 10% off

Thanks for your help will check goibibo, easemytrip, MMT once the discounts are maxed out will try Amazon, Flipkart and Smartbuy

I get that we choose them because LTF, or only for offers but I do not see any reason to use them anywhere, be it lack of rewards, benefits etc. and unless we spend on them they won't upgrade just like that.

Regarding upgrade have to start upgrading. I mainly got a card for every bank for the bank offers in Amazon and Flipkart. As other than my normal monthly spend of grocery and utility which comes to 10-15k a month my maximum spend is in Amazon and Flipkart nothing else so just wanted a base card without Annual fees for offers especially during sale time