• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which CC to get for Electricity bill?

streezy

TF Buzz
I'm paying multiple electricity bills total around Rs.25,000 bi-monthly. Can anyone suggest a way to gain maximum cashback for this and which credit card to apply (I own Airtel Axis CC, HDFC Moneyback DC, SBI Platinum DC)? And how can i gain cashback for CC bill? Please suggest.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
It's good to know you did some research and got some ideas. There is no single trick that works for everyone.

For example, even if I get multiple electricity bills bi-monthly, I pay them in such a way, there is always a bill every month. So, almost half of the bills are paid one month and another half in another month. This method may not work if you are running a business where the customers expect instant payment and receipt.

A single bill vs multiple bills makes a huge difference. Single bill is tough to maximize rewards. Multiple small bills are each to make good money.

You already have good credit cards. Along with them, you might want to add RuPay platinum debit card that has offers on each Friday for a maximum of Rs.100 per month. One can easily get multiple debit cards (RuPay platinum).

streezy

TF Buzz
It's good to know you did some research and got some ideas. There is no single trick that works for everyone.

For example, even if I get multiple electricity bills bi-monthly, I pay them in such a way, there is always a bill every month. So, almost half of the bills are paid one month and another half in another month. This method may not work if you are running a business where the customers expect instant payment and receipt.

A single bill vs multiple bills makes a huge difference. Single bill is tough to maximize rewards. Multiple small bills are each to make good money.

You already have good credit cards. Along with them, you might want to add RuPay platinum debit card that has offers on each Friday for a maximum of Rs.100 per month. One can easily get multiple debit cards (RuPay platinum).
As you said, i divide the bills in such a way that i have bills for every cycle.

To buy AGV worth Rs.12,000 every month, wondering if i should apply for HDFC Millenia debit card (to use in Smartbuy) or SBI Cashback CC or Amazon ICICI CC.

the_collector

TF Premier
Hey guys for bimonthly bills ( generally 14k - 20k ish) what's the best card to use for direct payment?

I don't want to go the Amazon pay GV way or advance payment, it's too time consuming.

What would be the best card for direct payment through any supporting app?

In another post of mine, I said that I'm considering the axis Ace card purely for this, 500 max cap as CB.

I'm not looking to maximise my reward , but want to know the best option to make that single payment and get max CB/points

Is there any other card or anything else anyone knows of?