• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which card/s to use for paying large utility bill.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Long story short, few years back our household electricity meter got destroyed and we applied for a replacement. Due to some error on the electricity board dept, we were getting electricity but no bill was being genearated. This went on for few months, we wrote to electricity board but no response. We filed in the court to save ourselves from any penalties or legal cases. Cut to today, the back and forth is finally over and court has ordered the electricity department to bill us for the time at our last usage and no penalties or late fees. Now the bill is just under 3L.

So how should I go about paying it? I have Indusind legend with 4.6L limit, Apay with 4.2L limit, Axis Myzone with 3L limit, SBI Simplyclick with 1.8L limit. I still have to get confirmation if I can pay it in tranches or it has to be in a single transaction.

Should I even use cc, considering the big amount? The bill would be residential and clearly mention the arrear. We also have court documents to prove that it was a residential payment and not commercial. This would be a one-off thing though.

Long story short, few years back our household electricity meter got destroyed and we applied for a replacement. Due to some error on the electricity board dept, we were getting electricity but no bill was being genearated. This went on for few months, we wrote to electricity board but no response. We filed in the court to save ourselves from any penalties or legal cases. Cut to today, the back and forth is finally over and court has ordered the electricity department to bill us for the time at our last usage and no penalties or late fees. Now the bill is just under 3L.

So how should I go about paying it? I have Indusind legend with 4.6L limit, Apay with 4.2L limit, Axis Myzone with 3L limit, SBI Simplyclick with 1.8L limit. I still have to get confirmation if I can pay it in tranches or it has to be in a single transaction.

Should I even use cc, considering the big amount? The bill would be residential and clearly mention the arrear. We also have court documents to prove that it was a residential payment and not commercial. This would be a one-off thing though.
With the cards you have - guess Apay would be the best to go with. However do enquire about the single transaction or multiples with electricity board

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
One time payment won't be issue. Issue will be how you can pay. Normally all electricity boards are applying charges on credit card payment. Second is, some platforms provide free but you can't pay this much amount in one go. So let me know payment platform you can use, then we can decide which card to be used

Pankhuri

TF Ace
One time payment won't be issue. Issue will be how you can pay. Normally all electricity boards are applying charges on credit card payment. Second is, some platforms provide free but you can't pay this much amount in one go. So let me know payment platform you can use, then we can decide which card to be used
Didn't even think about it. My bad.

Hope is to do it in tranches of 50k and using every platform available. However if charges do end up costing more than rewards then paying via cheque is also an option. Was just hoping to take advantage of this and end up raking some good reward points and cashback.

Reactions: Rkr

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Hope is to do it in tranches of 50k and using every platform available. However if charges do end up costing more than rewards then paying via cheque is also an option. Was just hoping to take advantage of this and end up raking some good reward points and cashback.
Indus very bad for utility, not sure about myzone so remaining is simpli click + apay

My suggestion will be - if you have not reached simply milestone than spend some part in that and remaining you should use apy in payzapp if your biller is available in payzapp- best thing for payzapp is, they don't charge+ you can pay large amount in one go..

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Tata neu App doesn't charges anything for electricity bill payment as of now. Plus there is a reward on payment also.

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If biller Allow to Pay Customize Amount then I think Multiple Payment of 15k can be done
If it works then it is best Option
No.. for multiple payment also you will need multiple accounts

As far as I know, 15k using apay card or balance is monthly limit for single account

Plus - as this is going to be a large payment, too many parts are not recommended 2-3 or 4 should be good

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
No.. for multiple payment also you will need multiple accounts

As far as I know, 15k using apay card or balance is monthly limit for single account

If your txn Amount is less than 15k then you can do Multiple Bill Payments using same Account.

I did it myself but in my case I did payment for different Connections

As per tncs Mentioned on Amazon from 6th Bill only UPI is supported.
But even for 6th Bill I am getting all other Options
Plus - as this is going to be a large payment, too many parts are not recommended 2-3 or 4 should be good
Different different dates pe bhi txn kar sakte hai.