• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which 1 Axis card is worth fighting for?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Have a citibank sal acct with a Citi Rewards Card.. When the time to swap comes.. which AXIS card should I ask for? Have infinia, scb ult and plat charge as primary.. axis Vistara infinite, i will close..Dont have a lot of micro info on axis cards beyond AVI

helloworld

TF Legend
based on speculation, axs rewards for your rewards card. nothing much, till last year some hope is there but day by day axs devalued their cards.

Currently best cards, IMO:

IndinOil
atlas
ace
vistara infinite
airtel
M4B

update with latest info from axis.. Dt. 28-03-24

Last edited:

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I still prefer Atas as a secondary card.

2% rewards (which translates to 4% partner points) for any spends is not a bad deal (apart from various exclusions etc). Also 5% (10% partner points) on travel spends is also pretty good.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Have a citibank sal acct with a Citi Rewards Card.. When the time to swap comes.. which AXIS card should I ask for? Have infinia, scb ult and plat charge as primary.. axis Vistara infinite, i will close..Dont have a lot of micro info on axis cards beyond AVI
The main problems with Axis are:
Untrustworthiness, unreliable , unprofessional and huge inconsistency with regard to support services amongst the different customer service executives....you get different answers for same question from different employees.

The above reasons are more than enough for me to limit my relationship with Axis.

Just yesterday I closed my Privilege card because I found out that they lied to me about next year fee waiver , an outright lie..

Now my relationship with them
1) SBLBR
2) Airtel CC and LTF Myzone.

I strongly advise you not to spend a great amount of your valuable time on an untrustworthy relationship..
Enjoy...

Note: I value my relationship with any Bank on the following criteria:
“Better principled with decent rewards..”
I won’t compromise on breach of some basic principles in lieu of any amount of rewards…Period…

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
forever . . Or atleast for a couple of years..
If the establishment where he has stayed or ate changes name or closes, then bye bye to the reward points.
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The main problems with Axis are:
Untrustworthiness, unreliable , unprofessional and huge inconsistency with regard to support services amongst the different customer service executives....you get different answers for same question from different employees.

The above reasons are more than enough for me to limit my relationship with Axis.

Just yesterday I closed my Privilege card because I found out that they lied to me about next year fee waiver , outright lie..

Now my relationship with them
1) SBLBR
2) Airtel CC and LTF Myzone.

I strongly advise you not to spend a great amount of your valuable time on a untrustworthy relationship..
Enjoy
How did you verify the incorrect claim?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How did you verify the incorrect claim?
1) on March 4th, as part of my retention offer they provided me officially fee waiver criteria of 1.2L instead of 5L. He specifically mentioned that he raised a SR to this effect and would be recorded in my account...

2) Yesterady , I called them to get NEO Rupay LTF. They denied it because I already hold 3 CCs. Asked them to close my previlige, call went to Retention team and he begged me to keep the card, asking for the real reason for the closure request, .During the conversation , I found out that there was no record of my next year fee waiver @1.2L in their records. He also mentioned that there was no such facility to record in anyone's account to reduce fee waiver ..
So , one of them must be lying.. I hate outright lies and begging ...
So this is a massive breach of trust for me. Told him that , for this exact reason I wanted to close the card..

Last edited:

Lordkk

TF Premier
I strongly advise you not to spend a great amount of your valuable time on an untrustworthy relationship..
Enjoy...

Note: I value my relationship with any Bank on the following criteria:
“Better principled with decent rewards..”
I won’t compromise on breach of some basic principles in lieu of any amount of rewards…Period…
Great advise not just for bank but life too...

Reactions: SSV

helloworld

TF Legend
So this is a massive breach of trust for me.

I agree with this one. A person applies for an IndianOil card with a fee of 500 only when they are able to spend 50k in a year; that is the promise made during the application. Now, they're asking for a 3L spend. If a 3L spend requirement was there, we might have chosen the Select card at that time, not the IndianOil. And because of this we have to accumulate points in 2 years and redeem else have to spend 500.

Actually, whatever happens with other banks, they never changed this spend-based fee waiver limit. They remove features, add features, but keep the same limit to get the fee waiver. If banks make these types of changes, people will only get LTF cards, especially from Axis, because we don't know what the required spends to get the fee waiver for that card will be after 2 months.

We're talking about the accumulation of reward points over multiple years or sometimes until expiry (for most people), and if they do increase the fee waiver like this or change redemption options, it makes one question whether to spend/store those points or not because the renewal offers no benefit over the joining period.

I stopped using Axis cards last year when they first announced the removal of Magnus 25k. After that, only my MyZone card remained with me, which is hardly useful except for Swiggy. I thought Axis would make me regret not spending on their cards, but day after day, they're confirming my decision was correct. Now, we have to see what the future holds for Citi cards.

In my opinion, if changes happen to their cards, then the services they promised during the application must be delivered at least until the completion of the anniversary - then we can say they delivered what they promised.

I don't know how many of you ok with sharing invoices (ofcourse, valid during bulk MS suspect spends) but on normal Airtel card need entire grocery list every month to review and credit the cashback. I'm not that much comfortable. After 2 months of sharing invoices, I asked my friend stop using that card on that website, because it extremely uncomfortable to deal every month (once or twice ok but not every month).

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I agree with this one. A person applies for an IndianOil card with a fee of 500 only when they are able to spend 50k in a year; that is the promise made during the application. Now, they're asking for a 3L spend. If a 3L spend requirement was there, we might have chosen the Select card at that time, not the IndianOil. And because of this we have to accumulate points in 2 years and redeem else have to spend 500.

Actually, whatever happens with other banks, they never changed this spend-based fee waiver limit. They remove features, add features, but keep the same limit to get the fee waiver. If banks make these types of changes, people will only get LTF cards, especially from Axis, because we don't know what the required spends to get the fee waiver for that card will be after 2 months.

We're talking about the accumulation of reward points over multiple years or sometimes until expiry (for most people), and if they do increase the fee waiver like this or change redemption options, it makes one question whether to spend/store those points or not because the renewal offers no benefit over the joining period.

I stopped using Axis cards last year when they first announced the removal of Magnus 25k. After that, only my MyZone card remained with me, which is hardly useful except for Swiggy. I thought Axis would make me regret not spending on their cards, but day after day, they're confirming my decision was correct. Now, we have to see what the future holds for Citi cards.

In my opinion, if changes happen to their cards, then the services they promised during the application must be delivered at least until the completion of the anniversary - then we can say they delivered what they promised.

I don't know how many of you ok with sharing invoices (ofcourse, valid during bulk MS suspect spends) but on normal Airtel card need entire grocery list every month to review and credit the cashback. I'm not that much comfortable. After 2 months of sharing invoices, I asked my friend stop using that card on that website, because it extremely uncomfortable to deal every month (once or twice ok but not every month).
Yes all the above are correct..

1) Axes keeps changing the goal post while the game is still on..
2)It treats its customers as sh*t which is a big NO for me
3) At the start, extremely aggressive in the CC game and backtracking in the middle of the game... This is to gain massive footprint in the national CC share and then comes, customer ill treatement..

In a nutshell, this is what is happening with AXES which is fundamentally wrong in their CC expansion strategy.. launch an etremely unvialble product , lure the customers in droves , change T&Cs which fundamentally alters the constitution of the product.. This may be okay for reward hunters but not really suitable for genuine and normal customer base which represents 90% of it ...

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Any travel (domestic or international) using travel edge or official airline or hotel websites

I meant redemption values applicable for any domestic travel usage.

2% rewards (which translates to 4% partner points) for any spends. Also 5% (10% partner points) on travel spends is also pretty good.

Underline part applicable for domestic travel redemption?