• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What kind of credit card scam is SBI On?

John Wick

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What kind of credit card scam is SBI On right now? šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬šŸ¤Æ I never applied for any SBI card because I donā€™t want it at all have no interest in SBI and their stupid cards. Still I got this email and attached pdf too. Who the hell is applying on my behalf and is this even possible / legal that Without my consent a card application is going onā€¦ like how? Will it impact my cibil, then how to get this query removed and let SBI know that I never applied in first place?

A82FA2C5-0527-4111-8B1C-D7B44166859E.jpeg

6CFB6E77-23F0-4FA5-8772-5C23DA877E60.jpeg

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What kind of credit card scam is SBI On right now? šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬šŸ¤Æ I never applied for any SBI card because I donā€™t want it at all have no interest in SBI and their stupid cards. Still I got this email and attached pdf too. Who the hell is applying on my behalf and is this even possible / legal that Without my consent a card application is going onā€¦ like how? Will it impact my cibil, then how to get this query removed and let SBI know that I never applied in first place?

Escalate to SBI and RBI immediately

bossman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I received same mail regarding SBI Cashback card 2 weeks ago.
Funny thing is I already have Cashback card!
I also was worried who applied on my behalf.
It's been 2 weeks & no CIBIL enquiry yet, so don't know what does it all mean.

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Check for enquiries, mail them that it was NOT applied by you and to remove hit if any. Escalate to Ombudsman, if they do not handle it correctly.

Credit Karma

TF Premier

It is not SBI, rather some scamsters trying to apply cards using your name.

We often forget that we don't take care of printouts and photocopies, and even in online files we treat them as sh*t!

Somehow they got hold of your details and are posing as you.

Raise this issue with the bank and get it sorted out ASAP.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got similar email at 4 am today. I applied last year and it was rejected with no reason given (internal policies). Today I got an email with a reason that my phone was not reachable. Looks like they are sending emails of applications that are rejected years back.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Recollect in last 6 months to who all agents u shared docs over whatsapp
For some targets they use our data like this
U wonā€™t get call or no CIBIL check just they generate a lead
Cunningly they use fake email but in ur case it looks like the agent is a newbie