• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the usefulness of MCC?

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How do CC companies care what I use my card for as long as they get their 2-3%? Could anyone possibly shed some light on this? I mean if a platform shares 3% with credit card companies and facilitates rent/utility payment, why would CC companies not be ok with that?

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the reply. However, I didn't understand the last part about chargeback.

Now, let me explain my problem. My residence is going through major renovations and I have to pay 10 lakh plus before February. For quarterly maintenance, I use my Burgundy Magnus through RedGiraffee up to Rs. 50000 tp pay my housing society. I don't mind paying 2-3% extra if I can pay Rs 10 lakh plus in the same manner as accelerated ER points will kick in. But is there a platform that can facilitate this?

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino Would appreciate if you could assist here!! Thanks
Thanks for the reply. However, I didn't understand the last part about chargeback.

Now, let me explain my problem. My residence is going through major renovations and I have to pay 10 lakh plus before February. For quarterly maintenance, I use my Burgundy Magnus through RedGiraffee up to Rs. 50000 to pay my housing society. I don't mind paying 2-3% extra if I can pay Rs 10 lakh plus in the same manner as accelerated ER points will kick in. But is there a platform that can facilitate this?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am new to Technofino so please help me with my query or tag someone who might be able to help. Thanks.
Until the expert comes in here, you can go thru this meanwhile

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Now, let me explain my problem. My residence is going through major renovations and I have to pay 10 lakh plus before February. For quarterly maintenance, I use my Burgundy Magnus through RedGiraffee up to Rs. 50000 tp pay my housing society. I don't mind paying 2-3% extra if I can pay Rs 10 lakh plus in the same manner as accelerated ER points will kick in. But is there a platform that can facilitate this?
@Vaastav Can you help here?

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
1.To be registered as a merchant and get a pos you would require to open a pan or gst in your buinsess name
and accepting payments at 2-3% discount would be considered as income
for which you need to file ITR 4
and people who tried this have gotten thier money frozen for 540 days had they not raised a chargeback
Can a cooperative housing society get a POS?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

I'd suggest you to use BharatNxt in that case... you can pay your vendor using your credit cards. Remember, the bank might ask for documents to prove the payment was made for personal use only, so get an invoice from the merchant and keep it.

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I'd suggest you to use BharatNxt in that case... you can pay your vendor using your credit cards. Remember, the bank might ask for documents to prove the payment was made for personal use only, so get an invoice from the merchant and keep it.
What will be the MCC code in case I use BharatNxt to pay my housing society? Not afraid of scrutiny as it is a valid expense, no round tripping.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Thanks @Vaastav .

@Abhishek012 Since I/merchant are willing to pay higher MDR, I feel there has to be a way. This is a legitimate expense for me. Please let me know if you can think of some way. I have a couple of months to solve this. Thanks.
Are you a merchant ? If you are a merchant then you already earn enough profit to pay 1% to 2% MDR or Increase the selling price of your product.

Some merchants also disabled credit cards payment and accept only normal UPI payment or all debit cards or only RuPay debit cards and normal UPI.

RuPay CC link UPI payment also free upto Rs2000 for small merchants.

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Are you a merchant ? If you are a merchant then you already earn enough profit to pay 1% to 2% MDR or Increase the selling price of your product.

Some merchants also disabled credit cards payment and accept only normal UPI payment or all debit cards or only RuPay debit cards and normal UPI.

RuPay CC link UPI payment also free upto Rs2000 for small merchants.
I don't mind reimbursing the merchant for his MDR charges is what I mean.