• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What Is The Criteria In IDFC Bank For Family Banking?

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Dear Community Members

I Am Thinking To Open Account In IDFC Bank... So I Wanted To Know The Minimum And The Maximum MAB For Accounts In A Family Group.

Experts Do Share Your Knowledge
@TechnoFino

karankayastha

TF Premier
Just visit the branch once, meet him directly. Or else ask RM to get email or mobile details of BM.
Ok i Finally got a call from RM now he is Onboarding me i accepted the t&c do the family Member who has wealth account need to accept the t&c too? Also after this how long it takes to reflect in the app & how soon do we get the Kit?

Last edited:
What's the latest on this topic?
Getting the family grouping easily or is it still difficult to get RM to agree ?
Still difficult. Even after a gap of 3 months.

Atleast in my case. I am being asked to get all the members to open the 3in1 investment account (demat with IDFC and trading acc in ICICI - sounds ridiculous) just because their accounts are in branches difft to mine.
Or otherwise, again maintain a large amount in their accounts for some time.

shashank08

TF Premier
What's the latest on this topic?
Getting the family grouping easily or is it still difficult to get RM to agree ?
Different people have different experiences..

I was trying for wealth for myself and Select for my wife almost 1.5 years back. RM asked to maintain the balance in my account for 1Q and my account conversion was done.
When I was trying for my wife's account to Select (at that point I didn't know about family grouping in IDFC) then my RM himself suggested for family grouping.

Then I opened account for my Minor kid then it was also added in wealth grouping without any hassle.

And recently my mother's account was also added just by mailing and calling my RM.

So it all depends on RM.. whether its difficult or easy.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Different people have different experiences..

I was trying for wealth for myself and Select for my wife almost 1.5 years back. RM asked to maintain the balance in my account for 1Q and my account conversion was done.
When I was trying for my wife's account to Select (at that point I didn't know about family grouping in IDFC) then my RM himself suggested for family grouping.

Then I opened account for my Minor kid then it was also added in wealth grouping without any hassle.

And recently my mother's account was also added just by mailing and calling my RM.

So it all depends on RM.. whether its difficult or easy.
I agree. These things depends on rm. I did reach out once to rm but he didn't do anything. I also didn't follow up as no immediate benefits (all are wealth holders). But will follow up to see what is stopping him.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Still difficult. Even after a gap of 3 months.

Atleast in my case. I am being asked to get all the members to open the 3in1 investment account (demat with IDFC and trading acc in ICICI - sounds ridiculous) just because their accounts are in branches difft to mine.
Or otherwise, again maintain a large amount in their accounts for some time.
That is BS. Just reach out to bm and ask to merge or else will shift the home branch. Which ever bm agrees, shift to that branch. Think shifting home branch is pretty easy.