• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is the best use of Tata Nue coins?

hyhead041

TF Buzz
Recently got the HDFC Tata Nue Infinity Credit card as FYF. Want to know about the best use of the earned Nue coins. BigBasket is not serviceable in my area. 1Mg feels costly to me. Please suggest if we can purchase GV using Nue coins.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Recently got the HDFC Tata Nue Infinity Credit card as FYF. Want to know about the best use of the earned Nue coins. BigBasket is not serviceable in my area. 1Mg feels costly to me. Please suggest if we can purchase GV using Nue coins.
It seems you fell into the FOMO trap.

I had the same issue and a few others and hence, didn't opt for Tata Card. Their brands have inflated pricing, and even if I account the 10% back as neucoins, it's still expensive compared to the competition. I had also faced wrong MRP issues in the past. Had bad experiences with their BB service, moreover the BB data breach.

What I feel is, use any Non-HDFC card for UPI and use HDFC Platinum DC as payment option to earn 1% on UPI spends. The limited ecosystem of Neucoins is not fruitful for Me in anyway.

sachbs

TF Buzz
I mostly use the neucoins to book flights via airindia express. But that works for me as it is a decent alternative to indigo on my route, and I accumulate my coins and spend on tickets only when need arises. That can be an option if it can fulfill any of your requirements.
You can also consider purchasing from Tatacliq for apparel or accessories. Not sure about GVs.

hyhead041

TF Buzz
I mostly use the neucoins to book flights via airindia express. But that works for me as it is a decent alternative to indigo on my route, and I accumulate my coins and spend on tickets only when need arises. That can be an option if it can fulfill any of your requirements.
You can also consider purchasing from Tatacliq for apparel or accessories. Not sure about GVs.
Not a frequent flyer.

hyhead041

TF Buzz

I had the same issue and a few others and hence, didn't opt for Tata Card. Their brands have inflated pricing, and even if I account the 10% back as neucoins, it's still expensive compared to the competition. I had also faced wrong MRP issues in the past. Had bad experiences with their BB service, moreover the BB data breach.

What I feel is, use any Non-HDFC card for UPI and use HDFC Platinum DC as payment option to earn 1% on UPI spends. The limited ecosystem of Neucoins is not fruitful for Me in anyway.
I am also feeling the same. Will wait for the first year as it is FYF and close it.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I mainly use BigBasket. But because it's not serviceable in your area you can try buying electronics from Croma.

I bought TWS, Type C Cables, Charging Adapters etc from Croma for free using Neu Coins.

Last edited:

Not only all of the above but big basket's delivery is nightmare in our area :- (do not want to waste a hard enquiry to get cc for nothing if cant use bb)
  • Big basket's delivery guys falsely claim that customer did not answer; so they cancel existing order.
  • Then they put a replacement order with a random time slot without customer's authorisation & availability
  • Then the replacement order gets cancelled.
  • This time they refund prepaid orders to bbwallet again without customer's authorisation & preference.
  • Finally u are stuck with money in bbwallet
  • Not to mention the neu app's UI/UX is messed up & visibility of letters on chat support is disaster

Astrella

TF Buzz
Croma and cliq? I use bigbasket as my primary grocery store. seems like bigbasket sucks in some areas, but it's perfect in mine. If you don't find neucoins are worth it, just use another credit card. Kiwi gives statement credit afaik.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Croma and cliq? I use bigbasket as my primary grocery store. seems like bigbasket sucks in some areas, but it's perfect in mine. If you don't find neucoins are worth it, just use another credit card. Kiwi gives statement credit afaik.
Kiwi card applications are stopped as of now. Maybe their partnership with Axis have collapsed.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not only all of the above but big basket's delivery is nightmare in our area :- (do not want to waste a hard enquiry to get cc for nothing if cant use bb)
  • Big basket's delivery guys falsely claim that customer did not answer; so they cancel existing order.
  • Then they put a replacement order with a random time slot without customer's authorisation & availability
  • Then the replacement order gets cancelled.
  • This time they refund prepaid orders to bbwallet again without customer's authorisation & preference.
  • Finally u are stuck with money in bbwallet
  • Not to mention the neu app's UI/UX is messed up & visibility of letters on chat support is disaster
Tata Neu app sucks. I use BigBasket & Croma website directly to buy anything. They have option to redeem Neo Coins in the payment page. No need to use Tata Neu app.

Astrella

TF Buzz
I see,
Tata Neu app sucks. I use BigBasket & Croma website directly to buy anything. They have option to redeem Neo Coins in the payment page. No need to use Tata Neu app.
I use the website/app to select the products, then checkout through Neu app for extra 5% CB. BB prices are cheaper than my local stores after all the discounts and CBs.

chinnodu

TF Select
VIP Lounge

How Can we use Platinum DC on UPI. It's Visa card. Isn't it?

Sriim

TF Premier
I accumulate neu coins and get gold coins from tanishq physical store