• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are Air Alliances? Major Airline Alliances In The World | Airline Partners Of Star Alliance - OneWorld - SkyTeam

An airline alliance is basically a cooperation agreement between different airlines, with the aim of building a network that provides joint services to customers.
This means that, if you are associated in a loyalty program with an airline, your benefits will also be valid in any airline of the same alliance.
Of course this is a great advantage for airlines, but it also brings a huge benefit to travellers.
The diversity of destinations, the flexibility of schedules, the facility to add miles flying in several different airlines (and use them later to travel in any of them) are some of the basic advantages of "Airline Alliance".

I'm listing airline partners of "Star Alliance", "SkyTeam" and "OneWorld" with some important information.

Star Alliance:-

Airline NameHome Country Frequent Flyer ProgrammeHub Airport(s)Transfer Partner In India (Bank)Airports ServedCountries ServedAircraft
Aegean AirlinesGreeceMiles+BonusAthens. Airport bases: Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Rhodes, Kalamata, Chania, Larnaka.N/A1344449
Air CanadaCanadaAeroplan®Toronto, Montreal, VancouverN/A21863397
Air ChinaChinaPhoenixMilesBeijing, Chengdu, ShanghaiN/A18942397
Air IndiaIndiaFlying ReturnsDelhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru & HyderabadSBI Cards, CITI Bank12331127
Air New ZealandNew ZealandAirpoints™Auckland, Los AngelesN/A5117113
ANAJapanANA Mileage ClubTokyo - Narita, Tokyo - HanedaN/A9823266
Asiana AirlinesSouth KoreaAsiana ClubSeoul - Incheon, Seoul - GimpoN/A762284
Austrian AirlinesAustriaMiles & MoreViennaN/A1305883
AviancaColombiaLifeMilesBogota, Colombia; San Salvador, El Salvador; Lima, PeruN/A10227190
Brussels AirlinesBelgianMiles & MoreBrusselsN/A984938
Copa AirlinesPanamaConnectMilesPanamaN/A8133104
Croatia AirlinesRepublic of CroatiaMiles & MoreZagrebN/A392412
EGYPTAIREgyptEGYPTAIR PlusCairoN/A724769
Ethiopian AirlinesEthiopiaShebaMilesAddis Ababa (main hub), Lomé (Togo),Lilongwe (Malawi), and Liège (Belgium- cargo hub)Axis12675108
EVA AirTaiwanInfinity MileageLandsTaipeiCiti Bank581879
LOT Polish AirlinesPolandMiles & MoreWarsaw Chopin AirportN/A905075
LufthansaGermanMiles & MoreFrankfurt am Main, MunichAxis Bank21475351
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)Denmark, Norway, and SwedenEuroBonusCopenhagen, Oslo, StockholmN/A12530158
Shenzhen AirlinesChinaPhoenixMilesShenzhen, GuangzhouN/A8410215
Singapore AirlinesSingaporeKrisFlyerSingapore ChangiAxis,Citi,HDFC,
Amex,HSBC,
South African AirwaysSouth AfricaSAA VoyagerJohannesburgN/A322246
Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS)SwitzerlandMiles & MoreZurich and GenevaN/A1004490
TAP Air PortugalPortugalTAP Miles&GoLisbonN/A933699
Thai AirwaysThailandRoyal Orchid PlusSuvarnabhumi Airport BangkokCiti Bank7631102
Turkish AirlinesTurkeyMiles&SmilesIstanbul, AnkaraAxis,Citi311124335
United AirlinesUSAMileagePlus®Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco and Washington D.C. International: Tokyo, GuamAxis353581329

OneWorld:-

Airline NameHome CountryFrequent Flyer ProgrammeHub Airport(s)Transfer Partner In India (Bank)Airports ServedCountries ServedAircraft
Alaska AirlinesUSAMileage PlanSeattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland (Oregon) and AnchorageN/A1205329
American AirlinesUSAAAdvantage®Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington, D.C.N/A35050913
British AirwaysEnglandExecutive ClubLondon's Heathrow AirportAmex, HSBC,Citi20080254
Cathay PacificHongKong Marco Polo Club/Asia MilesHongKongAmex9035151
FinnairFinlandFinnair PlusHelsinki AirportAmex1504580
IberiaSpainIberia PlusAdolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas AirportN/A1354779
Japan AirlinesJapanJGC/JMBTokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and OkinawaN/A8020155
Malaysia AirlinesMalaysiaEnrichKuala Lumpur International AirportN/A551781
QantasAustraliaQantas Frequent FlyerBrisbane Airport
Melbourne Airport
Sydney Airport
Citi Bank8020126
Qatar AirwaysQatarPrivilege Club (Avios)Hamad International AirportAmex, Citi Bank200100233
Royal Air MarocMoroccoSafar FlyerMohammed V airport in CasablancaN/A1055152
Royal JordanianJordanRoyal ClubAmman–Queen AliaN/A453024
SriLankan AirlinesSri LankaFlySmiLesBandaranaike International AirportN/A1114825

SkyTeam:-

Airline NameHome CountryFrequent Flyer ProgrammeHub Airport(s)Transfer Partner In India (Bank)Airports ServedCountries ServedAircraft
Aerolíneas ArgentinasArgentinaAerolíneas PlusAeroparque Jorge Newbery
Ministro Pistarini International Airport
N/A571382
AeroméxicoMexicoClub PremierMexico CityN/A8824121
Air EuropaSpainAir Europa SUMAAdolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas AirportN/A592459
Air France-KLMFranceFlying BlueParis–Charles de Gaulle
Paris–Orly
Axis, Citi Bank19591302
China AirlinesTaiwanDynasty FlyerTaipei–TaoyuanN/A1602988
China Eastern AirlinesChinaEastern MilesShanghai–Hongqiao
Shanghai–Pudong
Beijing–Daxing
Kunming
Xi'an
N/A27236640
Czech AirlinesCzech RepublicOK PlusVáclav Havel Airport PragueN/A312114
Delta Air LinesUSASkyMilesAtlanta
Boston
Detroit
Los Angeles
Minneapolis/St. Paul
New York–JFK
New York–LaGuardia
Salt Lake City
Seattle/Tacoma
N/A30452869
Garuda IndonesiaIndonesiaGaruda MilesJakarta–Soekarno-Hatta
Denpasar/Bali
Makassar
Medan
N/A7012142
ITA AirwaysItalyVolareRome–FiumicinoN/A471752
Kenya AirwaysKenyaFlying BlueJomo Kenyatta International AirportCiti,Axis Bank564441
KLM Royal Dutch AirlinesNetherlandsFlying BlueAmsterdam Airport SchipholCiti,Axis Bank16473204
Korean AirSouth KoreaSKYPASSGimpo International Airport
Incheon International Airport
N/A12544169
Middle East Airlines – Air LibanLebanonCedar MilesBeirut–Rafic Hariri International AirportN/A322318
SaudiaSaudi ArabiaAlfursanKing Abdulaziz International Airport (Jeddah)
King Khalid International Airport (Riyadh)
King Fahd International Airport (Dammam)
N/A9539170
TAROMRomaniaFlying BlueHenri Coandă International AirportCiti, Axis Bank382525
Vietnam AirlinesVietnamLotuSmileNoi Bai International Airport
Tan Son Nhat International Airport
N/A521798
Xiamen AirChinaEgret MilesFuzhou Changle International Airport
Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
N/A9216173

I hope this list will help you 😊
Thanks

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is a good list. But I would like to add a note that you can freely transfer points between Iberia, BA, Aer Lingus, and Qatar Privilege account held by the same user.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is a good list. But I would like to add a note that you can freely transfer points between Iberia, BA, Aer Lingus, and Qatar Privilege account held by the same user.
Means qatar avios and ba avios are same?

Rajeev

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can I transfer my air miles from one airline to another airline in the same alliance?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Means qatar avios and ba avios are same?
Qatar adopted Avios last year. So, you can transfer between Qatar Airways and three other airlines within the International Airlines Group (IAG) of airlines that use Avios.

Can I transfer my air miles from one airline to another airline in the same alliance?
No, but you can use air miles from one airline to book award seats on an airline of the same alliance. Also, just so you know, you can book other airlines with whom the airline (where you hold miles) has agreements or partnerships.

If you hold miles in airline A and want to book airline B using those miles, B should be either part of the alliance or should have some kind of agreement with A.

anevis

TF Buzz
Qatar adopted Avios last year. So, you can transfer between Qatar Airways and three other airlines within the International Airlines Group (IAG) of airlines that use Avios.

No, but you can use air miles from one airline to book award seats on an airline of the same alliance. Also, just so you know, you can book other airlines with whom the airline (where you hold miles) has agreements or partnerships.

If you hold miles in airline A and want to book airline B using those miles, B should be either part of the alliance or should have some kind of agreement with A.
how can i transfer ba avios to qatar avios also my avios are expiring how to extend with cheapest way let me know

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It sucks that Vistara is the only airline which has a reasonable enough process to get Gold Status (either 3 lakh air travel or the Axis Card), but its also not part of any alliance, so you don't get a status match when traveling abroad.

Air India's loyalty program is just bad.

sam4

TF Buzz
If we book a flight on any star alliance members airlines we are entitled to earn airmiles as per ticket category and flight route. AFAIK We can give any FPP of star alliance members to earn airmiles in to that account. So my query is which one is the best FPP of star alliance in terms of usability, easy award finding and most value per miles?