• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After the recent massive Magnus devaluation, what can be good ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23 for members spending 12-15lkh on Magnus?
HDFC infinia has shallow reward earning caps in a single transaction and per month. Thus high-value concentrated transactions can be USP for Magnus

Will the below strategy help?

1) Make sure to have a burgundy account ( else the transfer ratio will be pathetic)
(Update) 30lkh in savings or 10 lkh in saving account is the burgundy criteria
2) Club multi-month transactions in a single month (say 3-4 lakh).
3) Repeat the above step 3-4 times a year, depending on yearly spending; it can give you better value compared to the fees that you pay for Magnus
4) Try using travel edge, Gyftr to max level.->(Update) The accelerated reward calculations exclude travel edge and Gyftr. Thus use other sources such as intermiles, default Gyftr etc to stackup vouchers in the month when you are doing 3+ lkh transacations. The reward rate will be 3X rather than 2X in case of amazon and similar vouchers.
5) (Update) Include rental payment till 50k ( can use Cred or similar) in that month

(Update)Got confirmation that Meet and greet service is still present which is a good thing.

Last edited:

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys, I've already spent 47K this month and need to spend 53K more. What's the best way (I think vouchers will be the best since they might be useful for future, but not sure)? I really want to reach the milestone, but don't know what's the best way to spend 53K remaining

Pankhuri

TF Ace
You have accepted your mistake, and that's more than enough. 👍 However, you need to understand that what you are doing is called manufactured spending. Since you are not sure where to spend and how to reach the 1L milestone, buying gift vouchers, as suggested by yourself, might be a good option.
Got call for pre-approved magnus today. Spent like 10 mins talking about benefits and devaluation. Then asked him about axis ace or airtel axis. He goes sorry, those can't be offered. Alag level pe khel rha hai axis.

Last edited:

sapdey

TF Buzz
BM mentioned magnus becoming free card for burgundy account holders like select credit card from 1st Sept. Not sure about existing card holders. Also, I’m not so confident about this. Anyone else heard this?

Akash074

TF Buzz
Guys, I've already spent 47K this month and need to spend 53K more. What's the best way (I think vouchers will be the best since they might be useful for future, but not sure)? I really want to reach the milestone, but don't know what's the best way to spend 53K remaining
buy coupons through gyftr or grabdeals of amazon, swiggy, zomato, uber, bigbasket etc.
I am doing the same to reach the milestone.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Can someone please let me know what is the minimum balance we have to maintain to become eligible for Burgandy Savings Account ?

Also I guess we have to wait till 1st Sep 2023 , for LTF Magnus for Burgandy Customers , am I right ?