• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Want To Change The Spelling of My Name

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All!,

I wanted to change the spelling of my Name, so is there any easy way by which we can do so in Aadhar Card or Any Other Government Id.

TIA

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All!,

I wanted to change the spelling of my Name, so is there any easy way by which we can do so in Aadhar Card or Any Other Government Id.

TIA
Well depends upon ur age ? If you have passed secondary, senior secondary exams and grad also. You have ur aadhar, pan, passport, voter id. Then I would solely recommend you to not even think about it.

All ur docs, will become invalid, and u will have to prove everytime that it's you.

If there's any mismatch on any these docs, then you can think of syncing them.

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well depends upon ur age ? If you have passed secondary, senior secondary exams and grad also. You have ur aadhar, pan, passport, voter id. Then I would solely recommend you to not even think about it.

All ur docs, will become invalid, and u will have to prove everytime that it's you.

If there's any mismatch on any these docs, then you can think of syncing them.
Currently, I am 20 years old, I have all the documents but there's only a small shift in my name i.e Garv Garg to Garv R Garg.

Currently, I am 20 years old, I have all the documents but there's only a small shift in my name i.e Garv Garg to Garv R Garg.
My name is Shankara A in all academic documents , land documents , lic , postal insurance policies, NPS, demat account and mutual funds, but in pan card and passport initial 'A' is expanded ( pan display name is Shankara A ). I have not faced any issue till last year, now if I try to open bank account in online mode or online kyc, most of the time I am getting an error saying that pan card name and adhar card name is mismatch ( because initials are expanded in PAN if verified digitally)

I used to think to expand initial 'A ' in all the documents , but after discussing several people, and understanding it's lengthy process, I changed my mind , if any problem arises I will make a notarized affidavit stating both Pan card name with the expanded initials and without expanded initials are same. I hope This will solve the problem.

I feel if it is really necessary to change the name in all the documents change it, otherwise don't. It is very lengthy process if you have to modify name in many documents.