• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Want the best credit card with 0 forex markup fees.

Hi fellow enthusiasts, so in the coming 1-2 years I will be applying for foreign universities and exams which take fees in dollars; so I'm assuming there'll be a foreign markup when I pay using credit card. So I am looking for the best credit cards with 0 markup fees and max benefits. Pls recommend suitable card suggestions.

Alex292929

TF Premier
max
You can get IDFC Wow card. It is a secured card. You need to have an FD to get this card. If you have the additional money in some other FD, you can shift it to IDFC to get this card. No forex charges and limited reward points.
IDFC allows fd upto 1L only & I have to do a txn of more then that

Recktreck

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
IndusInd exclusive/ pioneer debit card gives you 0 Forex markup and you earn reward points too.

Have used pioneer debit in a lot of countries without any issue.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
as far as I remember when I was opening idfc wow for my sister they allowed 1L fd at max.
do you have a ac with idfc?
Yes I have an account with IDFC bank. I remember I was able to increase the limit upto 3L. But without any account they might have some restrictions as you mentioned

Mritunjay

TF Premier
I am new with cc's so I don't have any premium cards right now & if I use entry level card I am only going to lose money
If you are salaried, you can use Fi debit card after upgrading to the infinite variant - unlimited zero forex transactions but there won't be any rewards.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Its so simple to choose.

Magnus is best if you're able to achieve monthly milestone (>1L) as FX txns are counted for that as well. Then it'll effectively offer 4-5% reward rate (after deducting FX markup of 2%). This card can suffice all your spendings there.

If your monthly spendings are going to be less than 1L, then go for IDFC WoW secured card. As FX markup is nil and it'll offer 0.65% reward rate.
Now after devaluation, which card would you suggest?
Just want to do 1 monthly transaction to save Rs 50.
I have IDFC Select. Any way to upgrade it to wealth?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Now after devaluation, which card would you suggest?
Just want to do 1 monthly transaction to save Rs 50.
I have IDFC Select. Any way to upgrade it to wealth?
I would suggest to go with either BoB Eterna or HDFC Infinia.

To upgrade your IDFC Select to Wealth, just mail them asking for upgrade if current limit is higher than 4L.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I would suggest to go with either BoB Eterna or HDFC Infinia.

To upgrade your IDFC Select to Wealth, just mail them asking for upgrade if current limit is higher than 4L.
Earlier it was 2.97L, few days ago they gave LE and now it's 3.27L. Will wait till 4L.
Easiest way to get Eterna?
Infinia is extremely tough to get.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Earlier it was 2.97L, few days ago they gave LE and now it's 3.27L. Will wait till 4L.
Easiest way to get Eterna?
Infinia is extremely tough to get.
BoB Eterna you can directly apply online or through offline agent as well. Another good option is getting IDFC WoW card as it gives 0.67% reward with zero forex markup. Only downside is FD. However it doesn't reflect as secured card on CIBIL.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
BoB Eterna you can directly apply online or through offline agent as well. Another good option is getting IDFC WoW card as it gives 0.67% reward with zero forex markup. Only downside is FD. However it doesn't reflect as secured card on CIBIL.
How to increase the chances of getting Eterna?
I don't have any BoB card?
Last time I applied 5-6 months ago, they were showing Premier card but even that they rejected because of documents

Abs

TF Buzz
Hi folks.

I am looking for a 0% mark-up on the foreign trx. not sure if it has already been discussed before.
Currently looking at IDFC WOW credit card. Is there anything that can compare it to this one?
free card.. I mean not annual subscription fee. backed bf FD.

Please recommend. Thank You