• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Vistara award flight availability check without CV points in account

ANewUser

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Any way I can find award flight availability (domestic) for a given day and flight without having sufficient CV points in account. Without CV it just shows the day availability.

Vistara doesn't fly on my usual route so I can't keep CV points in the account beforehand.

AakashCJB

TF Select
Yes. 2 ways.

1) One can easily see if there is seat availability on all 3 class of Vistara just by clicking on CV points instead of cash while searching on Vistara website. (see attached images, we have 5,500 CV & searching for a route with 6,000 CV requirement)
Note: In my case Coimbatore - Delhi has only 1 Vistara flight & the timing is well known, so I know the 6000 CV is for that particular flight only. On routes where Vistara has more frequency of flights on Sectors like DEL-BOM, BLR, & others & If the route you are looking has more than 1 Vistara flight a day then it is not possible to see which of those flight has award availability for the mentioned points

2) if you need to know about routes where Vistara have more frequency -> on is the case then only way is to call Vistara customer care -> provide the route and date information or if you have a specific 1 or 2 flight on that route that you need to know weather award seat is available just say that information -> as the customer care executive replies with flight number & points required, note it down

Attachments

• E6B41394-E001-45C6-908C-A8E426A577AD.jpeg
    E6B41394-E001-45C6-908C-A8E426A577AD.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 182
  • A3E90C5C-EC7F-4750-B8BA-98547824AD06.jpeg
    A3E90C5C-EC7F-4750-B8BA-98547824AD06.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 23D83689-9BA4-4943-AD38-7A2513576036.jpeg
    23D83689-9BA4-4943-AD38-7A2513576036.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 172

ANewUser

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes. 2 ways.

1) One can easily see if there is seat availability on all 3 class of Vistara just by clicking on CV points instead of cash while searching on Vistara website. (see attached images, we have 5,500 CV & searching for a route with 6,000 CV requirement)
Note: In my case Coimbatore - Delhi has only 1 Vistara flight & the timing is well known, so I know the 6000 CV is for that particular flight only. On routes where Vistara has more frequency of flights on Sectors like DEL-BOM, BLR, & others & If the route you are looking has more than 1 Vistara flight a day then it is not possible to see which of those flight has award availability for the mentioned points

2) if you need to know about routes where Vistara have more frequency -> on is the case then only way is to call Vistara customer care -> provide the route and date information or if you have a specific 1 or 2 flight on that route that you need to know weather award seat is available just say that information -> as the customer care executive replies with flight number & points required, note it down
Thanks I was aware of #1 and was trying to get away with its shortcoming, so #2 looks good.

My route has only 1 direct flight but multiple indirect ones, can I assume it only shows direct flight based on CV points required?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks I was aware of #1 and was trying to get away with its shortcoming, so #2 looks good.

My route has only 1 direct flight but multiple indirect ones, can I assume it only shows direct flight based on CV points required?
It will show indirect flights as well, if direct flights don't have any availability

aswathsm

TF Buzz
Yes. 2 ways.

It's always showing 6K points even if i select premium economy for CJB DEL route. How do i check Premium economy availability?
And in case of connecting flight any idea how i can use both cv points for one and voucher for another in same PNR?

AakashCJB

TF Select
It's always showing 6K points even if i select premium economy for CJB DEL route. How do i check Premium economy availability?
And in case of connecting flight any idea how i can use both cv points for one and voucher for another in same PNR?

1.No. Not always. Have seen both economy and premium economy both available on this route. Even on last minute bookings.
(Just did a booking for premium economy few days back on this route)

2. In same PNR - No. but one can request the check in staff to tag the bag till end destination. It’s a hit or miss.

aswathsm

TF Buzz
1.No. Not always. Have seen both economy and premium economy both available on this route. Even on last minute bookings.
(Just did a booking for premium economy few days back on this route)

2. In same PNR - No. but one can request the check in staff to tag the bag till end destination. It’s a hit or miss.
Thanks. Availability is good in CBE DEL route. But how do I check the availability for PE ticket? its always showing 6000 points. shouldn't it show 10000 pts if I select Premium economy ?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks. Availability is good in CBE DEL route. But how do I check the availability for PE ticket? its always showing 6000 points. shouldn't it show 10000 pts if I select Premium economy ?
It only shows least amount of CV points required to book ticket for a particular route in the Calendar View. When you click Continue after selecting a particular date, only then it will show CV points for each Class for every flight

viralsanghavi32

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It only shows least amount of CV points required to book ticket for a particular route in the Calendar View. When you click Continue after selecting a particular date, only then it will show CV points for each Class for every flight
If you have not enough miles than it will not allow to go next page so question was correct. In that case you can always call customer care to check availability. There is limited quota of seats in award ticket as per my knowledge 4 in economy 4 premium economy and 2 in business class so it is very difficult to book for group tickets in vistara using CV point. By the way I Have 1 premium economy ticket for sell in 4k if any one wants it plz dm me

drsel

TF Legend
One follow up question, do you know how much time it takes for Axis ER to Vistara transfer.
Don't transfer Axis edge points to vistara because Singapore Airlines gives you 10% more value.
for example the Mumbai to Singapore flight needs 20000 points on Singapore Airlines and 22000 points on vistara.
Extra charges for airport fees and taxes are almost the same.

Another big problem is that if your Vistara points are less, then you have to use points + cash, in which case the Vistara points are worth only 20 paisa and you will be in a big loss

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Don't transfer to vistara because Singapore Airlines gives you 10% more value.
for example the Mumbai to Singapore flight needs 20000 points on Singapore Airlines and 22000 points on vistara.
Extra charges for airport fees and taxes are almost the same
But Vistara works a thousand times better for domestic. Also most folks don't seem to travel internationally and depending on your route it might work. For me PNQ - SIN is 16500 points which is great, better than Singapore Airlines.

drsel

TF Legend
But Vistara works a thousand times better for domestic. Also most folks don't seem to travel internationally and depending on your route it might work. For me PNQ - SIN is 16500 points which is great, better than Singapore Airlines.
You didn't realise this --
big problem is that if your Vistara points are less, then you have to use points + cash, in which case the Vistara points are worth only 20 paisa and you will be in a big loss

drsel

TF Legend
Also another poster mentioned that there are very few award seats available (on CV points), and that too only on selected Vistara flights.
Only 4 award seats for economy
Only 4 award seats for premium economy
Only 2 award seats for business class.

Not all Vistara flights have got seats available on CV points