• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Using Rupay Credit card on UPI at Petrol Pumps

zoro

TF Select
I have tried using my axis Indian oil at a HP Petrol pump recently waiting to see if I'll get any rewards, previously i have tried with HDFC tata neu and I got reward points without any issue.

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Didn't work in JIO BP Petrol Pump...Used Phone Pe....Transaction declined by the bank
Ideally, we can pay with Credit Card through UPI to any "Merchant". If the QR we are scanning is registered under merchant and that merchant allows that transaction then we should be able to do it. Are you sure the QR code you scanned is registered as merchant? and not of some employee in the petrol pump? Because it happened with me, when i paid to an employee QR code, my payment went through but i didn't get any rewards

cruzrocky8

TF Buzz
Ideally, we can pay with Credit Card through UPI to any "Merchant". If the QR we are scanning is registered under merchant and that merchant allows that transaction then we should be able to do it. Are you sure the QR code you scanned is registered as merchant? and not of some employee in the petrol pump? Because it happened with me, when i paid to an employee QR code, my payment went through but i didn't get any rewards
The qr code was generated on the paytm POS machine , so don't think it was a non merchant QR , also if it is a non-merchant QR then you will have not the option of credit card on UPI and it will ask for your bank account if you are using phone pe

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Last week I did at BPCL petrol pump, Paytm app using bob rupay card, transaction was successful in bob statement it detected fuel category and also added fuel surcharge, then next day the surcharge was refunded,