• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards Using HDFC Neu Rupay card for NPS Tier 2 payments

varkey

TF Buzz
Was looking for ways to make payments to NPS Tier 2 account which gives the max returns. As we know direct credit card payments were disabled last year, so I thought will give UPI a try with my HDFC Rupay credit card.

I first tried to pay to the NPS UPI ID (using the virtual account ie PFrda.600102xxxxx5678@axisbank), but the credit card did not show up as an option on PhonePe, and on BHIM, it failed immediately after entering the UPI PIN. So I tried the option from NSDL, and went through the flow, chose the RazorPay gateway and selected UPI. I entered the PhonePe UPI ID that is tagged to the HDFC Rupay card, and initiated the payment. Surprisingly the payment went through.

Now the question that remains is, would HDFC give the 1.5% Neu coins (Neu Infinity) for this transaction? Anybody else has tried this? Even with no rewards, I can still get 1% CB when paying off the due with HDFC Platinum DC. So still win-win. Btw no payment gateway charges from NPS side when using UPI.

Faust

TF Select
Am I missing something here?

The NPS investments provide low return while locking your money till retirement leaving a few occasions.
The only reason to invest in NPS is to get tax benefit.
Tier 2 investments have no lock-in but no tax benefit either.

Why not invest in higher yielding schemes?

beingmohit

TF Premier
Am I missing something here?

The NPS investments provide low return while locking your money till retirement leaving a few occasions.
The only reason to invest in NPS is to get tax benefit.
Tier 2 investments have no lock-in but no tax benefit either.

Why not invest in higher yielding schemes?
I don't think investments in Tier2 are locked till retirement

varkey

TF Buzz
So no more rewards, but you can still make NPS payments using your Rupay credit card through the Billdesk payment gateway. RazorPay gateway is patched and it no longer accepts card payments.

And on making payment with HDFC Debit card, can get 1% back. Also would help achieve higher spending threshold for annual fee waiver.

rogerthat

TF Ace
So no more rewards, but you can still make NPS payments using your Rupay credit card through the Billdesk payment gateway. RazorPay gateway is patched and it no longer accepts card payments.

And on making payment with HDFC Debit card, can get 1% back. Also would help achieve higher spending threshold for annual fee waiver.
I thought you can't make HDFC CC payments using HDFC Debit Cards?

avikrish

TF Select

Will we get 1% cashback on nps tier 1 premium using hdfc debit card on bill desk nps website?

varkey

TF Buzz