• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Urgent help needed regarding fees

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hii, I have DCB plastic card and Tataneu card with 5L limit shared limit.
PROBLEM - 1
in DCB, I didn't spend anything in this month
in Tataneu, there is 2500 excess balance.
so there should be 502500 limit available.
However it's showing only 455300 as available limit, didn't understand Where's the 47200 limit has gone.
But in unbilled transactions of dcb, its showing 1800rs x 4 (total 7200)in the name of gst, i don't know whats this gst, i don't have late payments.

I wrote a mail to priority redressal, one guy called me today and first he told I also didn't understand why that charges and less limit. After careful observation, He told that you have applied 5 add on cards, in 4 add on cards there's a due of 10k.I told him i yet to activate them, how's the due came?
Then i understood they charges 10k + 1800 gst for the 4 add on cards ( 11800 x 4 = 47200)
I asked him aren't the add on cards free? He said i will talk to my team and get back to you.

I thought 5 add on cards are free in hdfc, only 1 card free?

PROBLEM 2
In February, I took DCB card replacement as I lost my card. But in my cibil two dcb cards showing, this replaced card showing as new card in cibil instead replacing old card.

is it normal in hdfc??

Update :
problem 1 solved

Attachments

• IMG-20240327-WA0068.jpg
    IMG-20240327-WA0068.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
screenshots for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_114601_HDFC Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_114601_HDFC Bank.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240327_114609_HDFC Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_114609_HDFC Bank.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240327_115708_HDFC Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_115708_HDFC Bank.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 38

Dixit

TF Buzz
PROBLEM - 1
However it's showing only 455300 as available limit, didn't understand Where's the 47200 limit has gone.
But in unbilled transactions of dcb, its showing 1800rs x 4 (total 7200)in the name of gst, i don't know whats this gst, i don't have late payments.

I wrote a mail to priority redressal, one guy called me today and first he told I also didn't understand why that charges and less limit. After careful observation, He told that you have applied 5 add on cards, in 4 add on cards there's a due of 10k.I told him i yet to activate them, how's the due came?
Then i understood they charges 10k + 1800 gst for the 4 add on cards ( 11800 x 4 = 47200)
I asked him aren't the add on cards free? He said i will talk to my team and get back to you.

PROBLEM 2
In February, I took DCB card replacement as I lost my card. But in my cibil two dcb cards showing, this replaced card showing as new card in cibil instead replacing old card.

is it normal in hdfc??
Under fees and charges section on the bank's website, it says "Add-on Card Fee: Lifetime Free." So they shouldn't charge anything for add-on cards. And even if they want to charge for other cards, they should have asked for your consent and certainly shouldn't charge full 10k+gst. It doesn't make sense.

And regarding CIBIL, same thing is happening with me. Last month I upgraded my card from IOCL to Millennia and HDFC reported the new card to CIBIL but missed reporting anything on the previous card. Currently both cards are shown as active in CIBIL. IOCL was last reported on 31st Jan, 2024 and Millennia was last reported on 29th Feb, 2024. I am hoping that HDFC bank will report correctly this month.

Attachments

• 0dcb.png
    0dcb.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 4

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think problem arose because HDFC started issuing add on cards with different card numbers. So, they messed up and are considering each addon card as new card maybe and are levying you joining fee. Don't worry they will rectify it.

Write a mail to following and explain they are levying wrong charges for add on cards. (Since you already have written a mail, add missing email ids from here)
* priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com
* grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com
* escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Under fees and charges section on the bank's website, it says "Add-on Card Fee: Lifetime Free." So they shouldn't charge anything for add-on cards. And even if they want to charge for other cards, they should have asked for your consent and certainly shouldn't charge full 10k+gst. It doesn't make sense.

And regarding CIBIL, same thing is happening with me. Last month I upgraded my card from IOCL to Millennia and HDFC reported the new card to CIBIL but missed reporting anything on the previous card. Currently both cards are shown as active in CIBIL. IOCL was last reported on 31st Jan, 2024 and Millennia was last reported on 29th Feb, 2024. I am hoping that HDFC bank will report correctly this month.
tqs for the reference bro

card upgrade reporting as new card is somewhat ok, many banks doing that.
But replacement reporting as new card is too much yarr

silent.night

TF Buzz
Although they reported both the old and upgraded cards, the "Date Opened/Disbursed" line should indicate the date of issuance of the old card under both of them. Check if that is the case. If so, nothing wrong. Old card will disappear from the report, hopefully the following month.

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This seems to be a serious problem, still I haven't received refund. Mailed again, they replied will be done in 3 working days.

Worst thing is Those add on cards showing as primary cards in add on holder accounts.
Any suggestions?

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This seems to be a serious problem, still I haven't received refund. Mailed again, they replied will be done in 3 working days.

Worst thing is Those add on cards showing as primary cards in add on holder accounts.
Any suggestions?
Keep giving them reminders and also write to parag Rao. This is a big mistake and should be escalated.

krish11

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Any suggestions?
I thought 3 Add on Cards on DCB is free and can be functional together or is it 5 free Add On Cards?

PROBLEM - 1

PROBLEM 2

is it normal in hdfc??

Update :
problem 1 solved
    • Your Situation:
      • It appears you applied for five add-on cards, and there’s a due amount of ₹10,000 on four of them.
      • Additionally, there’s a GST charge of ₹1,800 per card (totaling ₹7,200) for these add-on cards.
      • It’s essential to clarify whether these charges are valid, especially if you haven’t activated the add-on cards.
      • I recommend waiting for the response from the bank’s team regarding the charges.
      • Regarding the number of free add-on cards, it’s best to verify with HDFC directly, as policies may vary.
    • Unbilled Transactions:
      • The GST charges you see in the unbilled transactions likely correspond to the add-on card fees.
      • Once resolved, these charges should reflect accurately in your available limit.
  1. DCB Card Replacement and CIBIL:
    • It’s unusual for a replaced card to appear as a new card in your CIBIL report.
    • Possible Reasons:
      • Reporting Delay: Sometimes, credit bureaus take time to update information.
      • Incorrect Reporting: The bank might have reported the replacement incorrectly.
      • Multiple Entries: If both old and new cards are listed, it could be an oversight.
    • Action Steps:
      • Contact HDFC: Reach out to HDFC to clarify the reporting issue.
      • CIBIL Dispute: If needed, raise a dispute with CIBIL to correct the entry.
      • Monitor CIBIL: Keep an eye on your CIBIL report to ensure accurate information.
Remember to follow up with HDFC regarding both the add-on card charges and the CIBIL reporting issue.