• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI ID on two different phones connecting to one bank a/c

cpranav19

TF Buzz
Hi,

I have to enable UPI ID on my daughters (still minor) phone connecting to my wife’s bank account. The mobile number on wife’s bank account is the wife’s mobile number.

The idea is to enable a UPI App on my daughters mobile phone connected to my wife’s bank account so that my daughter can pay for sundries and pocket money.

I tried PhonePe. But upon installation asks for mobile number connected to bank account. If we input my wife’s mobile, next it pops up an sms to be sent from daughters mobile for verification, which fails. My daughter still doesn’t have any independent bank account.

Pls advice if there is any way this can be achieved.

Thanks

coolanshu1000

TF Premier
I won't recommend the Kotak one since you are activating it for your child. It may not work at the time of her need. I would suggest to open an account in payments Bank using her mobile number and use UPI facility through there.

Amazon Pay Wallet worst idea
Amazon Pay Wallet get easily hacked if your password is floating on internet, bank at-least have better security than amazon.

recently my frnd amz acc got compromised as he was using common password & 6K was used for purchasing gv from amz pay bal.
Lol, APay wallet UPI doesn't work if the SIM is not in your mobile. It needs SIM card to be inserted to use and can't be used remotely just by logging in. Your friend must have balance in Amazon Wallet (GV & cashback) & not in Amazon Money (cash or money added via other mean).
Talking about security, Amazon also has 2FA & your friend must have disabled it. Only thing to note is Wallet UPI doesn't need password/pin to process transaction.

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Lol, APay wallet UPI doesn't work if the SIM is not in your mobile. It needs SIM card to be inserted to use and can't be used remotely just by logging in. Your friend must have balance in Amazon Wallet (GV & cashback) & not in Amazon Money (cash or money added via other mean).
Talking about security, Amazon also has 2FA & your friend must have disabled it. Only thing to note is Wallet UPI doesn't need password/pin to process transaction.
Yes Correct 2FA was disabled as it is not enabled by default.

& let's talk about Amazon Money stuff, whether it is gv/cashback/addmoney/asv. All can be used from amazon account with just email & password.

Yes Correct 2FA was disabled as it is not enabled by default.
You need to enable it for extra security, it's obvious.
Banks like SBI already have high level of security for login, but HDFC doesn't have that just password is needed.
& let's talk about Amazon Money stuff, whether it is gv/cashback/addmoney/asv. All can be used from amazon account with just email & password.
Amazon pay balance is of two types:
1. Money (can be used on for UPI payments & SIM needs to be inserted in your mobile phone)
2. Gift Cards (can be used remotely with just login id, password & 2FA (if enabled)).

ASV is a different thing.