• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Upgrade to Infinia using Tata Neu with 10 lakh limit? Need suggestions.

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi, one of my family member applied for Tata Neu Infinity card & got it approved with 10 lakh limit. This is his first HDFC card & he has a salary account with HDFC.
Is it possible to use Neu card for upgrade to Infinia, considering 10 lakh limit? Salary is in 2-3 lakh per month range.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi, one of my family member applied for Tata Neu Infinity card & got it approved with 10 lakh limit. This is his first HDFC card & he has a salary account with HDFC.
Is it possible to use Neu card for upgrade to Infinia, considering 10 lakh limit? Salary is in 2-3 lakh per month range.
Generally HDFC people say to get infinia you should have existing card with 10L limit & spends in last 6 months more than 7.5L.
But since he has salary account with good salary credit, i think he can negotiate.
Depends on RM, good RM can help him get Infinia, else tell them they he will move his account to ICICI & get emerald private cc which is also pretty good.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Possible but depends on negotiation.

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
I have had 10+ L spent in the last 4 months but they are not ready to budge, what can I do, I want to upgrade my diners black (LTF) with 6.95L Credit limit to Infinia.
I was offered a DCB and Infinia Metal when getting my first HDFC CC, both paid. After a lot of careful analysis, I intentionally chose DCB because of 3 reasons - 1) DCB had 2X rewards on weekend dining at standalone restaurants. That mattered to me a lot. 2) DCB had monthly milestone benefits of Rs 1k vouchers (BMS, OLA etc) on spends of Rs 80k. Again, very handy when I know I have a big spend/purchase coming up 3) DCB waives off 10K annual fees on spends of 5L v/s 10L on Infinia whose annual fees were 12.5k (compensated with 12.5k pts). That exactly matched my annual spends. This is immaterial for you since yours is LTF.

Infinia Metal has a higher daily/monthly reward points limit but if you aren't even maxing out your DCB limit then it is pointless to chase Infinia Metal. Other advantage is better bonus reward points on Gyftr vouchers (5X v/s 3X for DCB). Of course, if bragging rights/status is a factor (it is for some people) then no point in considering the Pros & Cons :)

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was offered a DCB and Infinia Metal when getting my first HDFC CC, both paid. After a lot of careful analysis, I intentionally chose DCB because of 3 reasons - 1) DCB had 2X rewards on weekend dining at standalone restaurants. That mattered to me a lot. 2) DCB had monthly milestone benefits of Rs 1k vouchers (BMS, OLA etc) on spends of Rs 80k. Again, very handy when I know I have a big spend/purchase coming up 3) DCB waives off 10K annual fees on spends of 5L v/s 10L on Infinia whose annual fees were 12.5k (compensated with 12.5k pts). That exactly matched my annual spends. This is immaterial for you since yours is LTF.

Infinia Metal has a higher daily/monthly reward points limit but if you aren't even maxing out your DCB limit then it is pointless to chase Infinia Metal. Other advantage is better bonus reward points on Gyftr vouchers (5X v/s 3X for DCB). Of course, if bragging rights/status is a factor (it is for some people) then no point in considering the Pros & Cons :)
I do exhaust the reward point limit always and that seems one of the reasons I want to move to Infinia to be able to collect more points which I can then use for Hotel/Airmiles.