• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Card or get it through referral? Please advise

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi, I’ve been using Amex MRCC card for about 8 months now & recently got the Gold Charge card as well. My total accumulated points are around 50k.
I’ve received an upgrade offer to Amex Plat travel card & wanted your suggestions if I should upgrade MRCC to plat travel or get plat travel through referral?

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi, I’ve been using Amex MRCC card for about 8 months now & recently got the Gold Charge card as well. My total accumulated points are around 50k.
I’ve received an upgrade offer to Amex Plat travel card & wanted your suggestions if I should upgrade MRCC to plat travel or get plat travel through referral?
I was in same dilemma as you till yesterday but then I chatted Amex CC and got to know that to get those 10k bonus points we need to spend 15k within 90 days (which is basically std. feature of this card when applied new without referral)

So In short if you compare

If upgraded : Pay 3500 + GST = ~4130 Rs and get 10000 MR points (on spending 15k)

If applied through referral: No need to pay, get 2000 MR points (on spending 5k)

My suggestion is mutual exchange of referral where both parties benefits 8000 MR for referral and 2000 MR for spending 5k in 90 days

This way we save 4130 Rs

Let me know if you find it useful and open for exchange of referral, I am looking for someone to exchange

Hisoka

TF Ace
For me it showed 10k bonus points on upgrade. Means 20k points if I pay the joining fees. So I chose to upgrade my MRCC to Plat travel.

Although customer service is denying the fact that they didn’t say any such thing and I’ll get 10k normal joining benefit. But I’ve their voice call recording in which the customer exec clearly said that I’ll get 20k bonus points.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
For me it showed 10k bonus points on upgrade. Means 20k points if I pay the joining fees. So I chose to upgrade my MRCC to Plat travel.

Although customer service is denying the fact that they didn’t say any such thing and I’ll get 10k normal joining benefit. But I’ve their voice call recording in which the customer exec clearly said that I’ll get 20k bonus points.
Its good you kept the call recording

Even the T&C that Amex sent in the email says we need to spend 15k in 90 days to get 10k bonus points and CC also confirmed me over chat that both are same offer

Hope they honor 20k points to you based on your call recording

ALOAK

TF Ace
Its good you kept the call recording

Even the T&C that Amex sent in the email says we need to spend 15k in 90 days to get 10k bonus points and CC also confirmed me over chat that both are same offer

Hope they honor 20k points to you based on your call recording
Itnis only 10k not 20k spenign 15k within 90 days. it is very clear in their tnc you would get additional 7500 theshhold milestone bonus points when you reach 1.90lk milestone. Plus u need to call them for additional 7500 platinum travel bonus points making it 15000 points plus if u reach 4lks milestone u get 10k threshold milestone bonus points plus u need to call amex for additional 15000 platinum travel bonus points making itn25k points plus upon reaching 4lks u get 10k Taj voucher which will be sent to u after 30days from the day u reach 4lks mile stone.
So 10k+15+25k= 50k plus 10k Taj voucher =60k . Because I just completed my milestones.