• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Card in Axis

Hi

I have accidentally requested upgraded card in axis which i don't want how can I switch back to previous card

Update on 6-Dec-23

Spoke to the Customer care they said it is not possible to downgrade the card.

Old car NEO - LTF
Upgrade Card - Health Card

New card not deliverd yet and not activated yet. Currently one EMI is going in NEO

as per the call with customer care

need to activate the existing card or pre-close the EMI and close the health card

now what are options do i have to use the existing NEO Card

Last edited:

Hisoka

TF Ace
did you upgrade through call or chat or any other method? maybe I missed something that process.
I called them and asked. She said it can be upgraded if I close my Vistara card. Upgrade will happen on my Airtel card.

It will most likely reject with reason as 4th card. Don't risk it, apply only after closing one card other wise have to wait cool-down period depends on your profile and apply method.
I read somewhere that 4th card is being approved online. But you’re right, I shouldn’t risk it.

vishals

TF Buzz
People here. I’ve one doubt, socha new thread banane ki jagah yahin puch leta hun.

I’ve 3 Axis cards: Magnus, Vistara Signature, Airtel Axis

I want to apply for Atlas. I called customer care to upgrade my Vistara Signature to Atlas card. She said 4 cards are not possible you’ll have to close Signature card.

Now, my Vistara Signature card got recently renewed and fees has been charged. But the executive said that it can be reversed if I decide to close the card in order to get Atlas.

Now I’ve 2 options

1. Close my card without paying fees, in that case I will not get my Premium economy voucher and my silver membership will be discontinued (which means no one class upgrade voucher also).

2. Pay the fees, wait for premium economy voucher and one class upgrade voucher to be reflected in my account. Then close my card. This way I’ll get both the ticket and upgrade voucher for 3k + GST.

What do you guys think? Will the second approach work? Upgrade voucher is really important for me as it fulfils my dream to go into Business class once a year.

PS: The sole reason for applying Atlas card is for rent payment and heavy utilities as this card still gives milestone and rewards on rent. Vistara signature is useless to me (except for Silver membership) as it has stopped giving rewards on all these categories
I don't think ATLAS is proving reward and milestone benefits for Rent, insurance and govt payments anymore. Can someone confirm this ?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Thanks. @Hisoka , based on this also still its not upgrade because I belive VISTARA and Airmiles not same reward platforms. So its separate card and at your own risk of being 4th card which may or maynot approved.
Different reward structure won't work.

Someone who flipped Samsung infinite with Aura (he has 4 cards) (). Same reward structure

adi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was thinking the same. In fact I’ve IDFC Vistara upgrade offer also. But that card costs 5k, and all benefits are same. If I’ve to use these cards just for Silver membership then better to use Vistara Signature only.

I’m not sure my Atlas will be approved if I apply as separate because I just received my Axis Airtel card last week. So there must be some cool off period.
You get 1 upgrade voucher extra if I'm not wrong.

Old car NEO - LTF

New card not delivered yet and not activated yet. Currently one EMI is going in NEO

need to activate the existing card or pre-close the EMI and close the health card

vivdwive

TF Select
I called them and asked. She said it can be upgraded if I close my Vistara card. Upgrade will happen on my Airtel card.

I read somewhere that 4th card is being approved online. But you’re right, I shouldn’t risk it.
Would like to know your update...what you went with ....btw if still thinking, I would increase your doubt by adding that would be risking not only vistara card but also your Airtel card just for the sake of atlas

manish.rdy

TF Buzz

Old car NEO - LTF

New card not delivered yet and not activated yet. Currently one EMI is going in NEO

Your old card Neo will not get closed. Just don't activate the new health card.

I got 3 upgrade offers for my myzone card.

1. Flipkart - took it, myzone still active.
2. Vistara - took it, closed before renewal. Myzone still active.
3. Received new upgrade offer on myzone recently after 90 days closing vistara.

Your old card Neo will not get closed. Just don't activate the new health card.

I got 3 upgrade offers for my myzone card.

1. Flipkart - took it, myzone still active.
2. Vistara - took it, closed before renewal. Myzone still active.
3. Received new upgrade offer on myzone recently after 90 days closing vistara.

I have one emi running in neo and customer care told that only option is to pre close the emi

So I don't activate the new cc can I continue to use my neo card