• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Truecaller Business chat message

yb24

TF Premier
Is anyone getting messages in Truecaller business chats from axis bank ,pnb bank?
I am getting all messages from axis bank,credit card and pnb bank account messages in Truecaller business chat and If my internet is not I don't receive any notification.Is anyone know how can I disable it.

TheGambler

TF Select
Even if you've not given permission of reading SMS to truecaller and your default SMS app is not truecaller, just because you're registered on truecaller, because of business chat, this happens.
Tha banks and businesses that are registered with Truecaller sends message on Truecaller, if you're registered there. Why would bank send sensitive SMSes like, transactions and such to truecaller instead of SMS? maybe because it's cheaper for them.
So far the only solution I've found is deactivating/deleting the account. If anyone else has a less aggressive solution, please share.

atx

TF Select
Same issue... Axis bank sent grabdeals txn related msg, sbi card also sent some msg (don't remember which as I deleted it), Airtel sent vkyc completion link msg, all on truecaller. I think they must be having some sort of backend integration with truecaller, as those msgs were NOT regular sms messages (those particular msgs do not exist in my regular sms app).

It is also not possible that these msgs could be normal sms, and truecaller intercepted them as 'non-personal' msgs & converted them to smart sms & moved to its own app through that 'smart sms' feature, because if an sms app is not set as default sms app, it may read sms notification, but cannot actually delete the original SMS. Also, only handful of msgs appear in truecaller, not all, even if from the same sender.

Bigger thing is, I never agreed to any tnc from these banks to rcv SMS/notification via truecaller, still these banks/companies are sending msgs on truecaller. PRIVACY LOL.

I've tried all options, but zero success in disabling this nonsense. There is no documentation at all with truecaller if we want to disable this messaging. Deleting account altogether might be the only way, that too not sure if this deletion would reflect instantaneously on these banks' end.

PS:
- My default sms app is not truecaller, it never was.
- I've also not given SMS permission to truecaller, not even during first time setup.
- I've also kept that 'smart sms' feature of truecaller as disabled, apparently it is something else, related to sms notification only.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Same issue... Axis bank sent grabdeals txn related msg, sbi card also sent some msg (don't remember which as I deleted it), Airtel sent vkyc completion link msg, all on truecaller. I think they must be having some sort of backend integration with truecaller, as those msgs were NOT regular sms messages (those particular msgs do not exist in my regular sms app).

It is also not possible that these msgs could be normal sms, and truecaller intercepted them as 'non-personal' msgs & converted them to smart sms & moved to its own app through that 'smart sms' feature, because if an sms app is not set as default sms app, it may read sms notification, but cannot actually delete the original SMS. Also, only handful of msgs appear in truecaller, not all, even if from the same sender.

Bigger thing is, I never agreed to any tnc from these banks to rcv SMS/notification via truecaller, still these banks/companies are sending msgs on truecaller. PRIVACY LOL.

I've tried all options, but zero success in disabling this nonsense. There is no documentation at all with truecaller if we want to disable this messaging. Deleting account altogether might be the only way, that too not sure if this deletion would reflect instantaneously on these banks' end.

PS:
- My default sms app is not truecaller, it never was.
- I've also not given SMS permission to truecaller, not even during first time setup.
- I've also kept that 'smart sms' feature of truecaller as disabled, apparently it is something else, related to sms notification only.
I believe that banks have partnered with Truecaller to send messages via Business Chat instead of regular SMS. Disabling Truecaller Business Chats isn't possible because it's beyond our control.

More information: https://www.truecaller.com/blog/features/truecaller-business-chat-everything-you-need-to-know

atx

TF Select

atx

TF Select
Actually Truecaller supports the reply option, but banks may have disabled it to avoid requiring manpower to handle and resolve queries on the platform.
yeah I understand that bro, its just that hardly any medium or big business would use that feature to 'chat' with customers, lol they don't want such instant msg support in the first place...

Rather than being a chat, this feature looks more like truecaller attempt at extorting making money legally from businesses so that their msgs don't fall in the 'spam' folder of users... Though it makes sense for them to have a full fledged phone dialer + sms app, and ofcourse, 'generating revenues' on the side with these 'verified' business system, in exchange for their entry into no-spam-list.