• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Traveledge vs Gyftr for Magnus

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Apologies if I am repeating the query but slightly urgent hence posting new thread.

I have to do multiple hotel bookings. Traveledge gives 5x with Magnus if I am correct. Other way to is to do the hotel booking from MMT or Yatra and buy their vouchers from Gyftr for 10x. Assuming hotel rates are broadly similar across all Gyftr seems the obvious choice.
  1. Am i missing anything here in my understanding?
  2. Is there any limit on points can be earned monthly i either traveledge or gyftr?
  3. Is the timeline of receiving bonus points significantly different between traveledge and gyftr?
Thanks

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Apologies if I am repeating the query but slightly urgent hence posting new thread.

I have to do multiple hotel bookings. Traveledge gives 5x with Magnus if I am correct. Other way to is to do the hotel booking from MMT or Yatra and buy their vouchers from Gyftr for 10x. Assuming hotel rates are broadly similar across all Gyftr seems the obvious choice.
  2. Is there any limit on points can be earned monthly i either traveledge or gyftr?
  3. Is the timeline of receiving bonus points significantly different between traveledge and gyftr?
Thanks
Hi
1. Perfect travel edge 5x no cap
2. GyFTR and traveledge no cap
Cap there for grab deals 10k pm
3. Both will give 1x in same month and balance 4x or 2x within next 120 days biggest drawback for magnus

mmt flights voucher doesn't exist right on giftr for magnus ? if it does , can you link it please.
Hi,

Thanks

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi
1. Perfect travel edge 5x no cap
2. GyFTR and traveledge no cap
Cap there for grab deals 10k pm
3. Both will give 1x in same month and balance 4x or 2x within next 120 days biggest drawback for magnus
Basically you are also saying it always makes sense to use Yatra/Mmt vouchers (10x) over travel edge (5x) for hotel or flight booking?

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
check Skyscanner too,i found tickets much cheaper there than these 5x/3x stuff
Well depending on the amount you're spending for travel these could be well worth it unless you're talking of a difference in price of at least 4k rupees. You could get back almost half the value of a 10k booking in points/miles. Anything under 10x will nearly get you half the value back in points.

Let's say you book 10k under MMT or Yatra which have 10x multiplier. That's 6.6k points or 5.2k once transferred to most partners. In Vistara for example that would be worth anywhere between 4k-5k rupees easily, and equates to a one way flight domestically to many cities in India with Vistara.

Last edited:
I had read yatra voucher rules. As per the rules, the cancelled/reversal amount will be posted again to the vouchers. You can then reuse the vouchers.
Their support service sucks, i didnt get any refund for the booking cancelled by them, they didnt reinstate the vouchers ,just sent me back the money paid by card not the vouchers and the vouchers are invalid now.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Their support service sucks, i didnt get any refund for the booking cancelled by them, they didnt reinstate the vouchers ,just sent me back the money paid by card not the vouchers and the vouchers are invalid now.
Yes mmt I had a bitter time to cancel 2nd night stay since I got some office emergency but finally I vacated property and no refund for the unused night
Spend several hours with mmt cc and property both but no use so left like that

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the feedback. I tried buying MMT voucher today, money deducted but voucher not issued as transaction failed. I hope either the voucher is issued or money is refunded. Gyftr customer care asked me to wait 24 hours.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Was looking to buy bigbasket vouchers. Realised they are not on Axis Gyftr but available on HDFC Gyftr. I have started using Axis Gyftr recently after I got Magnus (have been using HDFC for long time with DCB), bigbasket has been removed recently or was never there?