• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Travel edge or Booking.com ?

atulsingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello guys,

Could you help me with a hotel booking that I have to make.
On travel edge the price is 2,35000 rs. On booking.com it’s 1,75000 rs. Does it make any sense to book on travel edge. (Considering reward points in mind). I have never used travel edge for hotel booking before.
I have axis Magnus. And hitting milestone is not an issue so I Dont need to book this to hit the milestone.

Thanks a lot

vishalm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Even if you consider all miles you get via travel edge the price directly you pay at booking.com is better option. I think you should go with booking.com directly booking and if you have United Airlines loyalty membership you can quote that in booking.com so you earn miles too on that.

manas_rock

TF Select
You are paying 34% extra not worth it at all.
Is this the usual case with traveledge vs hotel/airline booking?
also, travel edge doesn't have multi-city booking which is very imp for international trips.
useless in that case.

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
booking.com is better option. Many airlines have partnered with booking.com so they have reference link so that you can earn miles of that airline if you go through that link and book.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is this the usual case with traveledge vs hotel/airline booking?
also, travel edge doesn't have multi-city booking which is very imp for international trips.
useless in that case.
Not for airlines.
Hotel it can vary. For renowned hotels brands not much difference. For other hotels mmt / booking can be a better option.

atulsingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Even if you consider all miles you get via travel edge the price directly you pay at booking.com is better option. I think you should go with booking.com directly booking and if you have United Airlines loyalty membership you can quote that in booking.com so you earn miles too on that.
Thanks a lot👍👍

atulsingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
booking.com is better option. Many airlines have partnered with booking.com so they have reference link so that you can earn miles of that airline if you go through that link and book.
I have done the booking from booking.com
But didn’t know about mileage plus programme. I have registered for the programme now. Can I add the booking now to get the points/airmiles ??

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
CASH IS KING ... the difference is huge ...

I would have booked booing.com using the Airlines affiliate link after comparing them + choice of Credit Card...
My view may change in future ....

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Elaborate

Similarly if you do it from Agoda, you can use Krisflyer miles. But what I have learnt is that you can get it for a lower cost as well at times when you go directly

Reward Hunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello am trying to book on travel edge website, but not getting the desired airlines.

I am trying to book in June from Mum to Kuala Lumpur, but not getting any direct flights of Malaysian airlines. Any way to do that?

atulsingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello am trying to book on travel edge website, but not getting the desired airlines.

I am trying to book in June from Mum to Kuala Lumpur, but not getting any direct flights of Malaysian airlines. Any way to do that?
It’s showing on other websites??(mmt or cleartrip). If yes then try after some time. It should show up.
Happened with me also.