• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Travel Edge or Amex Travel Portal - Magnus vs Platinum Charge

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Wanted to check what will be best option to book flights of approx. 40k. Earlier there was no doubt to use Axis Magus and book via Travel Edge. But the points will come very late and devaluation may happen. Should I opt for Amex Travel Portal and book the same using Platinum Charge card?

Need your inputs regarding which will be the best option considering Magnus devaluation.

I have Vistara Infinite, HDFC DCB, etc. cards as well. if they can give better returns in anyway

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
well the devaluation will happen around 12th august so you can transfer your points before that and book with those points
My travel is around 3rd August, im not sure the travel Edge points multiplier points or even the base reward points will be credited before 12th August. If they allow to redeem points in the current 5:4 ratio for spends before 13th August. Axis Travel Edge will be a no brainer

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
My travel is around 3rd August, im not sure the travel Edge points multiplier points or even the base reward points will be credited before 12th August. If they allow to redeem points in the current 5:4 ratio for spends before 13th August. Axis Travel Edge will be a no brainer
Oh I would say instead of travel edge transfer it to a flight partner

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Oh I would say instead of travel edge transfer it to a flight partner
No No, i think i wasn't clear on my statement. I will book using my card only. I was just confused that the reward points that will be credited for this payment, those points I may not get a 5:4 ratio while redeeming later on as the points for this booking might get credited post 12th Aug

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No No, i think i wasn't clear on my statement. I will book using my card only. I was just confused that the reward points that will be credited for this payment, those points I may not get a 5:4 ratio while redeeming later on as the points for this booking might get credited post 12th Aug
Oh okay then I would suggest go for plat travel portal